Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VA11A WDM Audio capture problem  (Read 4256 times)

rikus

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VA11A WDM Audio capture problem
« on: May 10, 2006, 10:10:22 PM »

When I try to install the VA11A USB video capture adaptor, I get the usual Intel Pro Camera detected. Then I go to change the driver to VA11A Video Capture and I point to the X10 directory (Or I use the x10drivers.exe) and that installs the right driver for video.

Then Windows tries to install a driver for WDM Audio Capture  (ID # : USBVID_0733&PID_0430&MI_016&122EE43&0&1)
 and it gets ugly.

It installs a number of files and at one point it is looking for : CA506AA.sys . This file is in Program FilesCommon FilesX10Driver InstallVA11A Video Capture.

When it tries to install this file, I get BSOD for 2 seconds with error code :
Code erreur 000000ca, paramètre 1 00000002, paramètre 2 83597b98, paramètre 3 00000000, paramètre 4 00000000.
and then the system reboots.

After reboot, I have no sound at all and all my sound drivers are corrupted (Exclamation marks in Device Manager for SB Audigy, Logitech Pro 5000 webcam, DVD-ROM, DVD-Writer, Bluetooth audio and Plug and Play Enumerator) and I have to manually reinstall all these drivers before my system will work correctly.

If I deactivate the WDM for the VA11A, the system works and the Video portion of the VA11A does not show an exclamation mark, but AHP does not recognize my VA11A.

I have had this problem on 2 different computers running Windows XP Pro. And I have spent a lot of time on this problem.

If someone has a real answer to this I would appreciate.

Thank You

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
Re: VA11A WDM Audio capture problem
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 10:28:58 PM »

What is your PC config. full system rundown?

Video cards (depending on brand) will use an either or ...
did you install WDM from the disk separate prior to hardware? through video? cant remember how its done atm.

I use an ATI card, it has 2 types of drivers depending on .NETframework

I vaguely remember playing around with them both...  some need additional applications from windows CD/DVD to run correctly.

check here for some info on how installation and reinstallation works here (reply 7)... CLick ME!!
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

bogie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: VA11A WDM Audio capture problem
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 10:51:37 PM »

Sorry for the late responce, I a problem with my Logitech Pro 3000 web cam, I had to remove the web cam to get the VA11 driver to install. If I plug the Pro 3000 back in it knocks out the Va11, or other drivers, for what it's worth remove the Logitech and see if your sound card comes back.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.