Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Activity Monitor  (Read 12799 times)

Sonic

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Activity Monitor
« on: February 24, 2006, 12:09:38 AM »

Hi, I've got a simple dawn/dusk timer that works great on A1.  My problem is that activity monitor "catches" maybe 1% of the on/off events for A1.  I've used the test mode on my coupler/repeater and activity monitor appears to catch all of that activity...Any ideas? 

Thanks
If it ain't broke it doesn't have enough features yet.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Activity Monitor
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 07:57:45 AM »

I've been chasing a similar problem for almost a year. My Activity Monitor stops reporting timers and macros, seemingly at random. Usually, re-downloading will fix it, but not always.
When this is happening, timers and macros DO run EXACTLY as they are supposed to, and "external" activity (like commands from hand-held remotes and such) DOES get recorded in the Activity Monitor, it is ONLY timers and macros that stop showing up.
I have been working with "X10 Pro" for almost a year, trying to track down this problem. While some progress has been made (he said the engineers think they know what is causing it), they haven't been able to solve it yet. They are still working on it this very elusive problem. After a LONG series of e-mails yesterday with X10 Pro, I still have confidence that they will keep trying until they can get this problem fixed.

Sonic

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 05:53:42 PM »

:o  Looking through some of the other posts, it looks like a pretty common problem.  It's almost like the cm15a isn't reporting its "internally" generated traffic through the usb connection.  Externally generated traffic (remotes, transmitters, etc) that it receives IS reported.  On a side note, it would be nice to have extra internal memory (volatile or non) on the cm15a to store at least some of the activity information for later retrieval.   ;D
If it ain't broke it doesn't have enough features yet.

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 02:15:08 AM »

I have the same issue,
When I look at the history, an event called and working, never shows up.  Yet, my history is full of called events in which nothing occurs.  According to the history, the signal was recieved and acted out, but my experience tells me that the history is not correct.

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 12:51:58 PM »

We've identified this and a few other problems with Activity Monitor. They'll be fixed in the next update.

jrwooden

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 10:14:12 AM »

We've identified this and a few other problems with Activity Monitor. They'll be fixed in the next update.

Do you have an estimated release date for this update please?
thanks!!!

Jim

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 12:24:08 PM »

jrwooden: The fixes are in v3.203, released on Friday.

jrwooden

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 10:02:13 AM »

THANKS for the speedy reply!
I'm on it!
 :D

Jim

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.