Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Module Status  (Read 13288 times)

gfrances

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Module Status
« on: March 26, 2006, 03:37:12 PM »

If I understand it,correctly, only modules that are the "Monitored" house code can be used as conditional inputs for smart macros.  Is this correct and, if so, does anybody have a solution to this?

Thanks.

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
Re: Module Status
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 01:56:25 AM »

It would be nice to select the multiple house codes we want to monitor within AHP.
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 09:53:38 AM »

If I understand it,correctly, only modules that are the "Monitored" house code can be used as conditional inputs for smart macros.  Is this correct and, if so, does anybody have a solution to this?
There is a way arround this using flags. Make small macros for the modules you wish to use as conditions EG. P2 make a macro triggered by P2 on that Sets flag 1 make. another macro P2 Off that clears Flag 1
Now in the macro that you wish to use P2s condition you use the flag  1 state
Note: If you already had macros triggered by that module just add a set of the flag  at the begining of the macros if you already have flags being set just add another as your not limited to the number of flags you can set/clear in a macro (well you are 16 ::) )

« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 09:56:06 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

stolzb

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 01:11:14 PM »

Not sure what you just said Tuiceman but I have a similar problem.

My monitored HC is D.  I have a "Good Night" macro that I am working on that I want to check a module status.  I have a Universal module set up on my garage Door opener set to C1 and powerflash module set at C6 that triggers a light when the door is open and turns it off when the door is closed.  I tried to create a macro using A1 (I don't have any modules on HC A, just using A1 because I have to have a trigger), which checks the status of C3, if on, send on to C1 to close the garage door. 

I use a timer to trigger the Macro at 10:pm everynight.

Also, I added and Else that turns off my recirc pump and the outside lights.  I tested last night and everything worked but the garage door.  If I understand it right, the powerflash sends a continous on or off command depending on the contact status. In theory, the on command it sends should be seen on the powerline as a module status and trip the macro.  Or am I looking at this wrong?

I download all to the CM15a.  I never leave it plugged into my computer.  I don't have any open slots on HC D since I have to skip one after every motion sensor.

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 10:05:09 PM »

Monitoring HC D, but checking status of C3? need the C3 on HC D? do you need all your motion sensors on the monitored HC?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 10:45:22 PM »

stolzb:  for a couple of reasons I'd put you motion sensors on another house code when they go if there on the same house code as every thing esle you'll see strange things happening which will be hard to pin down! and if the batteries completely go they default to A1 anyways.
As for using flags instead of a module in your conditions  if you have the flags set to the switch when the switch is off the flag is cleared when the switch is On the flag is set. so if you want to monitor for the swich being on you add the condition that the flag is set instead
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

gfrances

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 09:04:04 PM »

Thanks for all the help.  I'm off to use flags!

stolzb

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 02:30:15 PM »

Thanks for help.  I haven't been having any trouble with all my sensors on HC D, yet.....  I leave the the next address blank and it seems to be working out so far.  I will trying moving my sensors to another house code and use flags instead.  Thanks Tuiceman and Mystyx.

gfrances

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 08:49:15 PM »

Not to be totally dain bramaged, but I have a problem.  I set up P2 as a module, or what?  When I set up the macros I use the flag as a condition, but what do I use as the trigger?

It must be simple, but I'm missing something...

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 09:15:07 PM »

any module setup just as a dummy module for triggering. not set to anything else you have installed.

gfrances

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 05:08:24 PM »

So the status of the dummy module doesn't matter in the macro?  The flag change of state will trigger the macro, even if P2 doesn't change state?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 05:36:49 PM »

Flag status will not trigger a macro.  Macros can be triggered by a motion sensor or any RF or PL activity. A Dummy/Phantom/Ghost module doesn't need be in the macro!Here I" turned on a lamp on house code A6 using a remote with the command B6 but it only runs if Phanton module P2 is on (flag 1 set) and it is after dusk ;) :)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.