Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PanTilt Pro  (Read 49152 times)

chinaboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
PanTilt Pro
« on: March 27, 2006, 11:40:54 AM »

Can anyone tell me why my pan and tilt base only works sometimes. If I go outside and point the remote to the pan&tilt, it works fine in all directions. When I come back inside, the Base moves slightly and then stops responding to remote, it also will not respond to the commands from the computer base software. If I keep pressing the control, it turns once or twice and stops. I won't even work when I am right in-front of the TM751. I tried swapping the base, so I know nothing is wrong with the base. I know it has nothing to do with the distance. The TM751 is less than 50 feet away from the base. Any suggestion for getting it work on command and not just when it feels like. After all, I am suppose to be in control right!!!! ;D

WinS

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: PanTilt Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 06:18:14 PM »

The pan and tilt works directly from the RF signal sent by the remote or the interface.  The TM751 does not repeat the RF, so it is not part of the problem.  I would look for RF blocking conditions such as metal siding or foil lined insulation, as well as distance and interference.  Not much help I know, but it is just a case of the RF from your remote not reaching the pan and tilt base.

chinaboy

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 09:32:14 PM »

I don't think I have any metal sidings. The distance is not far at all.  Is there any other way to identify rf blocking conditions?

WinS

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 02:42:59 PM »

Outside, line of sight....how far can you get from the cam before it no longer responds?  If it's not more than 30 or 40 feet, then their could be a problem with the remote.  Do you have another?  Are the batteries weak?  I've had remotes get flakey with weak batteries.  Is your system controlled only by remotes, or do you use an interface of some kind?  If so, does the interface control the pan and tilt?  Just a few things to check......

chinaboy

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 03:23:41 PM »

I have another remote that I tried, and it does the same thing. I replaced the batteries a couple times. I don't think it is the remote, because I used to be able to control the pan and tilt from the computer, but that don't work at all anymore. The remote works sometimes when I wave the remote all about. Not sure the distance of line of sight when it stops working correctly, but it is definitely less than 40 feet. I'm sure it must be something simple that I am overlooking. I really can't think of anything else that is causing this problem.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 01:39:12 AM »

I have another remote that I tried, and it does the same thing. I replaced the batteries a couple times. I don't think it is the remote, because I used to be able to control the pan and tilt from the computer, but that don't work at all anymore. The remote works sometimes when I wave the remote all about. Not sure the distance of line of sight when it stops working correctly, but it is definitely less than 40 feet. I'm sure it must be something simple that I am overlooking. I really can't think of anything else that is causing this problem.

Say what kind of batteries are you using I remember having problems with some x10 stuff turned out it was the batteries, are you using alkaline batteries??? don't skip on the quality of the batteries in any x10 device you have. Always use Alkaline

Tcj

chinaboy

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »

I am using Energizer batteries. The controls in myhouse work most of the time. But the remote still barely works. 2 remotes, theyiltboth can't be bad. Works great when directly in front of the pan/tilt.

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 06:15:50 AM »

People have taken the P/T apart and added an external antenna to it for better reception.

all houses have thicker outside walls...  how many walls does it transmit through.

what is your outside walls made of will effect the control. I also have it not respond till I switch it first, I know its my thick cement walls that causes it, I will probably add an antenna soon. a boosterlinc might help close to it.
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

themaxdj

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 09:12:26 PM »

can anybody that has taken their ninja apart tell me where the brown wire goes that is
wrapped around the entire motor unit.  one side goes to a tiny circuit board and is wrapped around and has
silicone on it to hold it around it but dont know where the other end is suppose to go its just hanging
there and i cant figure out where to solder the stupid thing. Also its not the brown wire that is on top
this is the brown one that goes around the entire motor.
thanks in advance for any help ::)

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 09:13:25 PM »

I haven't taken a P/T apart yet, but if there is a wire for antenna and one wrapped around the motor...

Id say the one around the motor is a ground? connected at both ends to ground?
just a thought it might be there to shield the motor noise which would interfere with the RF signal.

if so.... connecting it at both ends and also stripping this wire to a bare ground would increase absorption of motor noise??
or would it also restrict the RF signal??  :) :)

Pushing for more info about this myself :)
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

themaxdj

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 12:07:22 AM »

the reason i took it apart is because it just keeps trying to turn one direction, so i know this wire needs to go back on somewhere
so it will work correctly, thanks for your idea you may be right. hopefully someone that has taken theirs apart can tell me for sure
where this wire belongs.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 07:04:15 AM »

themaxd

the reason i took it apart is because it just keeps trying to turn one direction

I had the same problem with one of my Pan and Tilt units. I stupidly mounted it upside down which allowed rain water to get in. Every time I turned it on the thing would just keep turning. I was able to fix it by taking it apart and thoroughly drying it out.

Sorry, I did not notice where the wire you are talking about was soldered and now the unit is mounted and back in use. What I did notice is that you can not test the unit while it is disassembled. If you do it will keep turning. It needs to be partially assembled for the limit sensors to be detected.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

themaxdj

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 07:24:59 PM »

i had mine mounted upside down too but its inside a garage so had no water problems. i have read somewhere
on here were people have taken them apart and had a broken wire and fixed it but that was before the forum
got changed.

cardude

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 01:53:47 AM »

Hi I just ordered a robotic ninja for my nightwatch camera. The only problem is I don't know if I need the pan tilt pro software to be able to move the ninja when motion is detected. I have no intrest in connecting my cam to the computer, but i do want it to move if there's motion to the preset location. Do you have any advice. I 've looked around and haven't found any anwsers, but you seem to know the subject pretty well. Any info is valuable. thanks
The All Seeing Eye (or camera)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.