Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Signal problems with Key Chain remote  (Read 21268 times)

kemoriar

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Signal problems with Key Chain remote
« on: March 29, 2006, 09:05:09 AM »

I have my porch light set up on an X10 light switch.  The keychain remote works fine inside the house.  No matter where I put the CM15A active home  pro transceiver I cannot control the light from out side the house.  I’ve been told to put a coupler/repeater in and that I can put another transceiver in also to better receive signals.  Will another transceiver interfere with the current CM15A?  Can I have multiple transceivers with the same house code in one system, or do I have to buy a repeater SR731.   Any suggestions

Regards
Kevin

kk

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Signal problems with Key Chain remote
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:31:34 AM »

I've got 2 transceivers on the same house code with no apparent problems.  I got an extra transceiver with a kit and really didn't think I needed it, but I exchanged it with a lamp module in an outside storage room after I noticed that it seemed to help boost the signal from my outdoor motion sensor, since it has a less obstructed path.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 10:16:12 AM »

That's interesting, since I had two RR501 trancievers on the same housecode. Both clashed with each other. One is in the living room for a SS13A and a keychain remote, the other is in the kitchen for two lights contolled by a second SS13A. Signals from one would trigger the devices in both rooms. I had change the housecode to F (for Food) for the kitchen lights to eliminate the clashes. 

Now both RR501's are happy.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

kemoriar

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 08:28:42 AM »

Thanx for the tips.  I've been told by a tech here in my office that the interference could be a hit or miss thing depenmding on transceiver locations.  I think I'll try it.  What's the worst that could happen.  I have to remove one.

Thanx again
Kevin M

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 08:55:11 AM »

Just change the housecodes for the transciever and any modules controlled by it. That way, you can keep both.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Pleasanton

Re: Signal problems with Key Chain remote-Two Transcievers
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 12:29:39 PM »

Worked for me.

I had a problem with a location near to computers on one side of the wall, and TV stereos on the other. Just wanted to control a 300 Amp Halogen light plugged in the same area.
Finally just added another transciever nearby, and all works fine, no interference.
Used the extra transciever as the switch, so it is really an appliance module, makes a click, and is not dimmable.

Jim from Pleasanton, Ca

Pleasanton

Re: Q. Signal problems with wall plate remote
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 12:34:27 PM »

I have problems with one Slimline wall plate remote at my house.
Even with a new "hearing aid" battery it seems weak, works better in my hand pointed toward the transciever than on the wall.

At my mom's they often lose their coding, and need to be reset. Maybe she leans on the button?

I've decided to just velcro a Palm Remote, with two big AA batteries to the wall there.

Anyone else have these problems?

Jim From Pleasanton, Ca

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.