Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Very Strange Behavior - repeated toggling of C7 on/off - non-stop!  (Read 4580 times)

boblach

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hi all;

Long time reader - first time posting;

After about 2 years of flawless operation (ok - "near" flawless operation) - last night my active home decides it isn't going to turn anything on...  No lights, nothing.  I've was racking my brains for about 30 minutes before I decided to turn on the activity monitor.  I'm observing repeated "C7 On' then immediately after "C Off".  I'm somewhat confused because all my modules are operating on the E band.  I have nothing set up using "C" - no macros, modules, nothing.  None of my commands to devices downstream happen because I believe the module is being saturated by all this C7 On / C Off "noise".  When I pull the active home module from the outlet and let it run on batteries - everything goes quiet.  I then hit a few buttons on the remote control and I can see the active home module transcieve the proper codes.  Anyone ever see this before - repeated on/off toggling?

I have not as of yet pulled all the modules off the AC line to see if this errant behavior ceases - not looking forward to that as I have several light switches, outlets, etc...  Just curious if anyone has seen this type of behavior before. 

I had recently updated my Active Home software - but have since backed out to version 3.201 - and still the constant C7 noise is there...  Could this be a module gone bad?

Any thoughts/help would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Boblach

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Very Strange Behavior - repeated toggling of C7 on/off - non-stop!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 12:50:49 AM »

...Could this be a module gone bad?...
Baring an evil dark neighbor pushing buttons, that's my guess. You don't live near by do you.  ;)

If you can't easily reach or don't want to disconnect switches, try sliding the the "master off" bar on the switch or simply kill power to it from the breaker. Also try clearing your CM15A and see if the signal stops. Also turn off transceiving mode for "C" and any other HC that you're not using in AHP. I'd check the batteries in any sensors, also. While I'd like to believe they fail to "A1", the verdict is still out on that one and that could be the problem.

Unless someone else has a magic solution out there I don't know about (It does happen. :)), you're in for a bunch of trial tests one be one.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 09:04:09 AM »

Also check/find all remotes I read a post where a remote was found under a cushion evey time someone sat down a barage of signals would be sent. It is unlikely a module gone bad as it would have to be a 2-way device inorder to send the commands.
As steven r stated
Also turn off transceiving mode for "C" and any other HC that you're not using in AHP.
that way AHP will no longer be afected by that house code. it will still see the activity but won't act on it unless you have macros set for it.
Also as stever stated
I'd check the batteries in any sensors, also. While I'd like to believe they fail to "A1", the verdict is still out on that one and that could be the problem.

I'm one whos sensors don't or didn't revert to A1 they went to C4 when batteries started to get weak. ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 10:18:37 AM »

boblach

Check out this link, I membered JOHNN had the same problem, his ghost was B7.
http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=5605.msg39305#msg39305

Long thread but it turned out to be a neighbors floodlight!
Good Luck!
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 04:16:26 PM »

Any X10 repeaters in the mix?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.