Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 Wish List  (Read 27719 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
X10 Wish List
« on: April 12, 2006, 11:43:18 AM »

Hi guys decided to start a X10 wish list where you can tell X10 improvements and new products you would like to see for their security products. Maybe, hopefully someone will be listening. I'll start it off with a On/Off Switch For The Built in Siren On The DS7000

Tcj

tom j

Re: X10 Wish List
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 07:40:03 PM »

How about code hopping this is now the only wireless alarm system that that I can think of that doesn't have this feature. When the DS 7000 first came out many many years ago it was truly cutting edge. Wireless sensors ability to dial 4 phone numbers, the listen in feature, the ability to flash all x10 controlled lights all this and also providing a gateway to home home automation made it truly revolutionary. But since it's introductions there have been no major improvements, nothing while other manufactures have been adding features to their systems. So I think it's time for a major upgrade, come on guys make some suggestions.

Tcj

tom j

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 11:00:20 PM »

I would also like to see the sensors monitored for battery life so that you would be notified the batteries are low before that actually expire. Right now you won't know that there's a problem until the sensor fails to check in. Not all the batteries for various sensors need to be changed that frequently I have some on windows I rarely open that I haven't changed in maybe 4 years so it would really be helpful to have a system where the sensors  are truly monitored.

Tcj

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 01:31:03 AM »

I would like to recive multiple mode sensors for security,  since they are all based on magnets.  How about including a two sensors and a magnet?  This way the system is armed when the windows are closed and locked or if the weather is nice out I could open the windows half-way and arm the system.  This way I can take advantage of the nice weather and be secure. 

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 10:59:04 PM »

...How about including a two sensors and a magnet?...
How about 1 sensor and 2 magnets? Much cheaper and less hassles than 2 sensors.

When I had my wireless alarm system installed, I had the sensor mounted on my bed room window and 2 magnets placed on the side of the window. On nights like tonight I can open the window to the position of the 2nd magnet and enjoy the 65 degree temperature outside.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 01:04:31 AM »

That was my mistake,
I have seen programs on T.V. when an alarm company will install an alarm with Two positions, Window closed and Window  partially open.  I thought that it would be great to be able to install an alarm which would allow me to have windows open and secure.  Yet, I cannot find a D.I.Y. system, that allows the kind of flexibillity I am looking for, and I cannot afford to have company install one.  Maybe X-10 can sell the sensor magnets individualy. 

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 01:11:27 AM »

...Maybe X-10 can sell the sensor magnets individualy. 
If not go to Radio Shack and see how close the magnet in their magnet and reed switch pack looks to the one you're using. It's cheap even if you do throw away the switch part.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Waynemor

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 04:13:01 PM »

I contacted a local alarm installer who was willing to sell me magnets. I have as many as 3 on some windows.

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 12:36:25 AM »

You do have sensors monitored for battery life.
When you see a light that is slowly flashing on the console it means that, that particular sensor or motion detector is reporting a problem such as low battery.
Otis69
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 10:03:37 PM »

I recently got the pro 2000 system. I wish it would work as I had hoped. However... that said I do plan on purchasing the "other" X10 security alarm system.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 05:28:23 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

kcy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 11:43:32 AM »

I wish they had x10 lamp modules that would also make lamps touch-sensitive.
i.e. you can turn on lamps or adjust brightness just by touching the metal parts of the lamp instead of having to use the remote control.
This would also keep complaints down from the un-x10-informed in the household about lamps not working.

KCY

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.