Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multiview Crashes when trying to run  (Read 41724 times)

Stillboardin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Multiview Crashes when trying to run
« on: April 17, 2006, 09:21:32 PM »

I just purchased Multiview and dowloaded and installed it.  As soon as it loaded up it crashed.  I could even get to the registration screen.  The only way I could get to the reg screen was to unplug my VA11A USB adaptor and once I opened the file I would get an error message that would require me to manually close the window and once I did that the reg screen would pop up and allow me to register.

But once i registered and the multiview window was displayed it would not show any video and when it tries to transfer cameras it would shut down.

I have tried it on two different computers with the exact same results.

All the latest drivers are installed and Xray works fine on both computers with the VA11A.

Anyone else have this issue? and if so how did you resolve it?

Needfortech

Re: Multiview Crashes when trying to run
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 03:42:42 PM »

I have not been able to get Multiview to work on two computers running XP media center edition for sometime.  I have the drivers installed as per directions and no conflicts in Device Manager.  When launching the application I see the Multiview Splash Screen and then get the Microsoft "Mulitview Camera System has encountered a problem and needs to close...."  I have emailed several rounds to tech support and although I have tried to send screenshots and assure them that the system has devices in the correctly loaded area, I not been successful in obtaining anyone who has also seen this error of has a way to correct the error.  I am yet hopeful that there will be a fix for this situation.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 03:45:22 PM by Needfortech »

sharkriver

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 09:07:18 AM »

I had the same problems with XP-- Drivers were all verified and installed correctly. What I did to correct--was I gave up on Multi-view and installed Xray Vision-- just to see if it would work-- voila it did...  Then I went back-- re-installed Multiview and voila it then worked!! Might be the drivers needed an update which were contained in Xrayvision and not in the latest Multiview SW-- since I did not remvoe my drivers before I installed Multiview. I'm not 'finally' working. I wish they would fix this.... :(

glbrick

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 11:25:05 AM »

Hey, I've had X10 since late 2002 and bought about $1000 worth of their products. Multiview, webview, 4 ninjas, the vcr motion recorder, the 4 motion detectors, the internet viewing your home from work etc etc etc and on and on.... They only work sometimes is the bottom line.  I'm quite disappointed.  Then to top it off, I call to try to get support and they tell me since I have not bought anything recently that they can only spend 5 minutes on the phone with me.  All the problems about Multiview crashing etc that people are posting I have been having for years.  I wish they would truly address these issues.  I've stopped buying because I can't have faith in their products.  I bought a brand new computer installed everything exactly as they say and still the problems occur.  They really need to fix these issues.  I like the product concepts and when they have "somewhat" worked over the years it's been fun but the inconsistency and truly aggravating thing is that they hardly ever work.   :-\

Fabian

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 10:54:46 AM »

I purchased the X10 internet kit. I installed the Webview and Multiview according the instruction, when I run the program, it hang. Please advise.

villo01

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 12:20:50 PM »

I had the same problem, even call to x10, but i have to remove xp and install windows 2000 sr4, and it works perfect.

bluebird5

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 03:39:40 PM »

Hope thgis helps.. it took me many years to get this monster to work!!  :-X

I purchased the Multiview few years ago just before WinXP is out. It worked fine at first. But after I installed the new WinXP OS, I had trouble getting it to work.  I remembered I emailed tech for several time and it didnt help until I gavce up everything with X10.

Just recently, I had so much time to play around.. I found a solution to it.

With WinXP OS:

Step 01:  Unplug "VA11A USB adaptor" from your PC.
Step 02:  Reinstall the MultiView software
Step 03:  Wait until it prompts you to "connect the USB video adapter"
Step 04:  Then insert the "VA11A USB adaptor" to PC
Step 05:  Click OK and wait until it finishes the installation.
Step 06:  Run the MultiView and it should work and not crash to the desktop.
Step 07:  Make sure to register the software before continuing to use the MultiView.

Tada!  done...  ;)

NOTE:  The reason it crashes because it was looking for the video capture adaptor. If it couldnt find it, it just simply crash back to desktop without any warning message.  This leave you so frustrated and head scratching.... It is also very hard to explain this type of problem to the tech in the first place.  They will say like "huh?? what are you talking about"... hehehe  :o

Rev

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 03:40:11 PM »

Hope thgis helps.. it took me many years to get this monster to work!!  :-X

I purchased the Multiview few years ago just before WinXP is out. It worked fine at first. But after I installed the new WinXP OS, I had trouble getting it to work.  I remembered I emailed tech for several time and it didnt help until I gavce up everything with X10.

Just recently, I had so much time to play around.. I found a solution to it.

With WinXP OS:

Step 01:  Unplug "VA11A USB adaptor" from your PC.
Step 02:  Reinstall the MultiView software
Step 03:  Wait until it prompts you to "connect the USB video adapter"
Step 04:  Then insert the "VA11A USB adaptor" to PC
Step 05:  Click OK and wait until it finishes the installation.
Step 06:  Run the MultiView and it should work and not crash to the desktop.
Step 07:  Make sure to register the software before continuing to use the MultiView.

Tada!  done...  ;)

NOTE:  The reason it crashes because it was looking for the video capture adaptor. If it couldnt find it, it just simply crash back to desktop without any warning message.  This leave you so frustrated and head scratching.... It is also very hard to explain this type of problem to the tech in the first place.  They will say like "huh?? what are you talking about"... hehehe  :o

My multiview program comes up but all four screens default to theb hard wired desk cam, have yet to get an x10 cam to load. Plus my machine won't turn on and go to ready mode with the multi view equipment plugged in.

ebox

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 04:48:30 PM »

Anyone figured out how to get this equipment to work after a couple years????? aside from NOT buying X10 products??? ....LOL....

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.