Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lost Control!  (Read 6585 times)

BudWah

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
Lost Control!
« on: May 23, 2006, 02:27:22 PM »

I now have No Remote, and a few of my pc modules also Do Nothing.

I am now using HC D / camera's D1 'Dual Flood', D2 'B&W Nightwatch' & "NINJA" (Eagle Eye), D3 'Dual Flood', D4 'XCam2' & "NINJA" (Active Home) / D5 2 way lamp / D6 'Socket Rocket'

I use 'Auto Stil' exclusively, but it never stops recording...

No other computers anywhere in my vicinity / No real interference in my homes path...

No Help in 'Search'

Is there a moderator to this forum???

My remotes don't work, my camera's continuously record pictures,

Funny thing is no trouble with my 'Dual Floods' light's going out(for now)!!!

Sure could use some qualified help...

There has got to be a system that takes a picture, triggered by motion, and records it, got to Be?!?

Budwah
Learn To Live / Live To Learn

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Lost Control!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 06:31:22 PM »

There's always the "nuclear" solution:  Complete uninstall of all components, deletion of any leftover folders, and a reboot of the PC.

Then, install only AHP, nothing else.  Create some modules and basic timers, make sure everything: progam, interface, modules and timers work.

Install each add-on, one at a time. Repeat the above.  Note after each install if any funny business begins.

Omit MyHouse. There are too many problems with the Myhouse server.  If it even works is a crapshoot.

Good Luck!!!!
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

BudWah

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 08:39:48 PM »

Dan * * * Thanks for the advice... I just tested a module from the 'Help' screen 'Wizard' ...NOTHING

I will follow your directions and hope for the best ... This will take this kid a bit of Time/Brain ...

I have AHP software that requires an 'Update' How do I atain it once un-installed???

I just went to 'Control Panel' uninstalled Active Home and then came back to here. wierd...

also when I went to 'remove' X10 Hardware' it wouldn't remove whatsoever!!!

I'm just not clear on which programs do I uninstall, which components, and which folders...

Once I get everything out of my computer... How do I get the installs back to me???

My computer knowledge level of this type, is right about at idiot..

If you could explain these points I would greatfully appreciate it!!! ... Budwah

Budwah
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 09:43:11 PM by BudWah »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 11:15:06 PM »

Uninstall everything!!!  AHP and all add-ons. If any of the folders for AHP or the add-ons is left after uninstalling, manually delete all AHP and related folders from C:/Program Files. 

Once you have done that, reboot your computer.  Once the computer has fully rebooted, using the Windows Explorer, verify all AHP related folders are gone, if not, delete them now.

Then follow the advice on re-installing in my first reply post to you.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

BudWah

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 01:27:03 AM »

Dan * * * I got it... but this question remains...
Where do I get the proper downloads and programs (Folders) once their deleted???

Do I need to contact X10 ???

Excuse my ignorance ... I just don't see it yet.

Thanks for your patience... Budwah

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 07:41:53 AM »

BudWah You'll need to save your AHP and plugin installer files or you'll need to have your order number for AHP and the plugins and access to the email address used with your order.
then go here to request a new download link.Fill in the info and a link will be sent to you.( I've had limited success with this it it sometimes quicker to call support with the info.)
When removing ahp/x10 folders they are in C:\ Program Files\ (sub folder ActiveHome Pro)
also C:\Program Files\Common Files\(subfolder x10)
Before you do Dans  "nuclear" solution! :o
Try to build a new AHX file, this means retyping out all your macros and switches but you'd have to do that anyways. Many AHX files get corrupt when doing a update of AHP. (I know first hand) once you have a new AHX file save a backup to disk so you have a starting point for a new one if needed again. ;) :)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

BudWah

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 12:54:17 PM »

Thanks guy's for all the real help, & info * * * I have sent in the link for my 're-downlooad' ...

I remember the plugins are order# + the -2, -3, & -4, right?!

I went to my 'control panel' , 'Windows Explorer' I can't get these files deleted...

ex: in control panel; I got Active Home deleted, although I still have the program coming through on my desktop, when I try 'X10 Hardware' I get a message popup 'Wise install', could not open INSTALL.LOG FILE

In Win. Explorer: Local Disk(C:) / Program Files /Active Home Pro / Edit: select all; popup message/ can not Delete Active HM: access is denied.

HHHEEELLLLPP!!! My knowledge stop's right about here... Also, do I go through the 'Drivers' sub folder? Hardware?, Where else is X10 hiding from me??? How can I 'Remove' these files and folders???

I'll B more willing, to start over with my 'programing', rather than 'save to disk'... I'll use the new downloads...

Budwah
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 04:14:14 PM by BudWah »

BudWah

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 01:30:55 AM »

Got all of it out except the x10 Hardware, I guess that will remain ...

Thanks again guy's for all the help ,,,

C U in the next topic...

Budwah

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.