Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: noise  (Read 33993 times)

bbcbr9

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: noise
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 07:54:09 PM »

OH yes reread your post. XPDF is for standard lights only as it also dims. No motors or low voltage lights should be used.

on the low voltage im using SR227 in wall out let and low volt power pack is plugged in to the SR227 via 110v plug comming out of the power pack as if it were being plugged into regular wall outlet no problems so far with this set up its been like that for years "everything is fine since the phase coupling repeater was installed . the only thing left is the room with the aquarium as long as the light is on, it is turning closet light on and only on it will never turn it off i have to do that.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 06:58:39 AM »

Ah. SR227 good choice.
You still may have a marginal signal where the problem light is. Did the filter on the problem aquarium light help at all?

bbcbr9

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 10:28:31 PM »

Ah. SR227 good choice.
You still may have a marginal signal where the problem light is. Did the filter on the problem aquarium light help at all?
didn't receive the good yet should arrive Friday 28th looking forward to hooking it up to see if it solves the problem! I got to tell you , that aquarium sure does cause alot of malfunctions with the X10 products, we will see  if the noise filter will solve this frustration.

bbcbr9

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2006, 03:18:40 PM »

well got all the goods and the noise filter didn't solve the noise problem, still some lights are comming on by them self, never turning off. not as bad as before "light comming on less often. still when the tank light light is set to the off, everything is working propper. any other suggestions on the noise problem????????????????does anyone think if i put a surge protector/noise filter " monster cable " makes a " surge protector/ noise filter " first then the noise filter may solve problem,  open for suggestions here willing to try anything here

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 04:34:04 PM »

Is the lights noise so bad the filter didn't help or is the filter not there yet on the lights AC Power Cord?

bbcbr9

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2006, 04:45:45 PM »

Is the lights noise so bad the filter didn't help or is the filter not there yet on the lights AC Power Cord?
filter is in. problem is intermintent, but lights in room with tank will respond sometimes and other times wont"ac power cord is plugged into filter, filer into a/c outlet. lights will still come at will. the phase coupling/ repeater , if i watch it it will show signals passing throw it only when tank is on when thank is off you don't see any signals
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 04:48:41 PM by bbcbr9 »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 09:30:34 AM »

Get yourself an XPPF Plug in Noise Filer and plug the fiter into it.  Your lights will work.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

bbcbr9

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 06:58:51 PM »

Get yourself an XPPF Plug in Noise Filer and plug the filter into it.  Your lights will work.
that is what i just bought i got it on Friday it seemed to make thing ALittlebetter but didn't solve the prob. all the way, it definitely helped greatly but still not 100%.................this is realy F#$%k up i no there has got to be something that will work

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »

Then you need to do further testing. There's something else causing noise, and one or more additional XPPFs will be needed.

bbcbr9

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 08:03:14 PM »

Then you need to do further testing. There's something else causing noise, and one or more additional XPPFs will be needed.
when i turn off tank light EVERYTHING is 100% i dont even see signals passing in phase/coupling repeater no green no red!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 09:18:18 PM »

OK.

Try this: Plug a cube tap into the XPPF, then plug both the filter and the tank light into the cube tap. The light is the other noise producer.

bbcbr9

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 10:33:31 PM »

MR. LAWRANCE

??? " cube tap "  you will have to accuse my ignorance ?what is a cube tap

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 11:06:14 PM »

A cube tap is a unit that allows you to plug 3 cords into a single outlet. They are sold by Home Depot, Lowe's, Wal-Mart and other retailers. They are not switched, either.

bbcbr9

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2006, 06:11:04 PM »

Filter system in not a issue i can leave that plugged in, at night i turn off tank light by the switch, and at that point i show no signals in the phase coupling/repeater, when turn on i see red & green lights passing the phase coupling

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2006, 07:36:44 PM »

My guess at this point is the light is the noise generator. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.