Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Video sender - not getting signal  (Read 18171 times)

sierragreen

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Video sender - not getting signal
« on: May 22, 2006, 11:59:27 AM »

I recently purchased a video sender & receiver to hook up wall mount TV in bedroom. The second TV is about 15' from the sender & main TV. The tv is a Nikko 20" LCD. The condo has cable coming in but no cable box.

The coax is hooked to DVD/VCR player and TV is hooked to DVD/VCR. Does the sender have to be hooked up with coax and a video splitter between DVD palyer and TV?

The second tv has been set for TV function, the ABCD siwtches are set alike and channel switch has been tried on channel 3 & 4.

If anyone has suggestions I would appreciate them.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Video sender - not getting signal
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 01:01:46 PM »

Depending on what you want to show on your second TV .
Does second tv Have an antenna/cable connected to it?
Is there video inputs on the second tv?
Is there video outputs on the first tv which is connected to the dvd?
It is best to use the RCA inputs and out put for better quality if you have them!
The best way I did it was to use the RCA jacks&cable connected to the output of the supplying TV and connect to the RCA input jacks on the second TV.
If you can't use RCA cables or the jacks are all used then you'll need a cable spliter. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sierragreen

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Video sender - not getting signal
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 06:37:58 AM »

Thanks for responding. Yes the main tv has RCA plugs and the new tv for wall has RCA connectors. I used them and setup according to instructions. All I get on the receiver tv is blue screen. The unit is in a place we own out of town. I will be going up in a week. Hopefully with a little more time I can figure out what is wrong.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.