Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: x10 PR511 motion sensor with dual floodlights (help)  (Read 6453 times)

curtis l

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
x10 PR511 motion sensor with dual floodlights (help)
« on: April 30, 2006, 08:00:52 PM »

My sensor was working fine but now the lights stay on day and night. I have it set to sensor and the lights set to come on at dusk but the floodlights never go off.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: x10 PR511 motion sensor with dual floodlights (help)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 10:52:18 PM »

This happens sometimes you will have to reset it by turning it off using either a plug in controller or a transceiver and a wireless remote. This actually has happen to me maybe twice in 8 years or so. Will try to supply a link in you need one let me know.

tcj

curtis l

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 04:28:34 PM »

Yes. If you do have a link it would be helpful. I turned it off for a while and then turned it back on in the day time to make the lights go off but they still stayed on.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 05:39:37 PM »

You need to get a X10 switch to control the power to the PR511.  The switch (I forget the model, but it's a Decora module) is what gets the timers, not the PR511.

Do that and you get flawless operation of the PR511, on when you want and off when you want.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 10:31:24 PM »

Another thing make sure you have it setup for night time operation, do you have the "This Unit" set to Dusk and the "Light Dark" set to the default dusk (see manual). Then cut it off with the controller and you should be fine. Also select the time delay I usually select 5 minutes, but that's up to you. If you choose the controller below note that it only has the first 8 unit codes for each house code so if your floods are A-9 for example it won't work. You can also buy a transceiver with with a remote and access all house and unit codes. Hope this helps let me know if this resolves your problem.

tcj

http://www.x10.com/automation/mc460_s.html

curtis l

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 08:56:09 PM »

I finally got it. It had to be reset. I had to wait until daylight, set it to sensor and turn it all the way to light and then turn the power back on. The light came on and I had to walk in front of the sensor and then move out of its path. After about 2 min. the lights switched off and then I turned the dial back to dusk.  Thanks for all the help.

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 04:04:07 PM »

See last page.
http://software.x10.com/pub/manuals/pr511.pdf
Sometimes manuals are good to read!  :)
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.