Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Good VCR self recording set up?  (Read 3220 times)

poppa_bear

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Good VCR self recording set up?
« on: May 02, 2006, 09:20:21 AM »

I'm looking for a good system for when we are on vacation. I do not want to leave the computer on for week or more so what I would like is a system that will start and stop a vcr with out allot of headaches to set up. Anyone have any ideas?

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
Re: Good VCR self recording set up?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 11:18:41 AM »

poppa_bear,

What is it that you want your VCR to record?
If it's from a X10 camera, you could use the VCR Commander II & motion sensor.
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

poppa_bear

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 08:38:50 AM »

Ok guess I should be a little more clear. I'm looking to set up a home video system and want the video recorded when there is movement. I have heard that the video commander II has some problems. I know I will need the motion sensors but is there a better controller then the VC II or is it really as bad as I heard?

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 10:40:09 AM »

As the commercials say "Your Results May Vary"!

I agree some people are having problems with the VCR Commander II, but if you follow the steps in the installation instructions it WILL WORK.
One of my biggest VCR Commander's issues is that the record time is fixed at 5 minutes and cannot be changed.

If you only need 1 camera and want to record video to your VCR(no audio), X10 offers a good deal for an XCam2 + Video Receiver, VCR Commander II, and Motion Sensor for $79.99. (watch the Daily Specials)

What are your requirements for your application, number of cams, wireless or wired, sound.....?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 07:07:46 AM »

I totally agree with Billy. The VCR Commander II, although a pain to set up, works fine. I have had mine for a little over a year and it has worked flawlessly.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.