Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Change Location where Multiview saves images  (Read 22271 times)

Kevlar

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Change Location where Multiview saves images
« on: May 06, 2006, 11:34:12 PM »

Is it possible to change the location where the multiview saves images?

C:\My Images

is the default location.

Can you change it to a different location?

Tks
Kevlar

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Change Location where Multiview saves images
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 10:09:20 AM »

No.

That folder is created by AHP when you install it. If you rename or delete the folders (there are three subfoders too) AHP will recreate them when it is next opened. I don't have any of the add-ons and folders are there. I wish X10 would set up AHP to not automaticaly create the folders if the I Witness module is not installed.

Sorry.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

akman

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 09:43:21 PM »

While you can not "change" the location, you can set whichever drive you want during install. If you manually remove the folders from 'C' drive. restart comp. and do a fresh install of the software. chance the location during install in the dropdown menu. if you just click next all the time, it defaults to 'C' drive. I have mine installed to 'N' drive, and that is were the images are stored.
I would be sure all devices are unplugged from comp before re-installing the software. (just as when you first setup your system) As long as ALL x10 files and folders are removed, a fresh install can be put on any drive. the installation software recognized all available drives on my system (6 drives) and listed them in a drop down menu. The only manual entry is when it tells you 'C'my images, just highlight the C and enter the letter of the drive you want. watch the caps, it is case sensitive.
Hope this helps.  :-\
I was going to return mine if I couldn't use my new 160 gig drive bought for the x10. :P

AC11

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 10:37:48 PM »

Kevlar

Yes, one can change the location of your default C:\My Images and need not to re-install your application.
I recently changed my default C:\My Images (40 GB HDD) to E:\My Images (200 GB HDD) recently purchased.
Although no documentation exist on Multiview that I found it seems to follow Windows convention for accepting alternate path to a data location.

Right Click on your Multiview Icon (you normally use to launch your application) if is a shortcut on your desktop, then right click the shortcut.
Select Properties

Under Target: "C:\Program Files\Multiview\MultiView.exe" "<your drive>:\My Images"
<your drive> is replace with drive letter of your choice.
Make sure you are matching quote marks should have two pairs one for program path and location and the second pair is for your new drive location for Images.

Hope it this helps you.

Good image savings in your future.

-av

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.