Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Screwy! No Macros or Timers  (Read 4884 times)

Paulbo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Screwy! No Macros or Timers
« on: May 07, 2006, 05:15:36 PM »

I can activate all my modules either via remote or through the AHP program BUT macros and timers are not working. Timers are set to store in interface and I can see AHP "react" when I send a macro trigger. (the little "run macro" button flashes).

Macros do not work whether I activate them via remote or through the software.

The two macros are very simple (just upgraded to AHP): 1 is turn on a light and dim to 50%, the second is turn on 1 light and dim to 50%, wait 5 seconds, turn on another light and dim it to 50%.

I just looked at the activity monitor and it doesn't show any activity for the timers or when I tested the macros. It shows the commands being sent to the unit, but not macro commands going out. (There were a few instances a couple of days ago when the first macro I programmed actually worked so I could see what the log entries should look like.)

I've looked through all the "before you ask a question" topics and I can't find the answer. Anyone have a clue as to what I should do to rectify the problem?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 05:24:26 PM by Paulbo »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Screwy! No Macros or Timers
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 07:24:45 PM »

Did you remember to upload the timers and macros to the interface? If you have the modules correctly established in AHP and can address all of them, you still have to upload everything to the interface for the timers/macros to work.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Paulbo

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 08:34:42 PM »

Hi Dan,

I should have mentioned that - yes, I did upload the macros and timers. I also reset the transceiver by unplugging it and removing the batteries for 1/2 hour or 45 minutes.

I also reset the macros to run from the computer and re-uploaded - still no dice.

Thanks, though,
   Paul

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 07:37:12 AM »

Paulbo,

Look in the "View" pull down menu of the "Activity Monitor".
Make sure you have "Macros" checked to display the info.
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

Paulbo

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 08:28:46 AM »

Hi Billy,

Yup, the activity monitor is set to display macros. Don't know if it's a defective unit (of which there appear to be quite a few) or some other problem.

If I can't get it working in the next couple of days I'm pulling my AH "classic" out of mothballs and sending this unit back - even though the old one doesn't have enough memory to do diddly, at least it works and would do my timers which are are more important to me than the macros.

RRRrrr,
   Paul

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 11:54:50 AM »

If you are using remote controls or motion sensors to trigger your macros, open Hardware Configuration and make sure that the House Codes you use are set under Transceived House Codes.

Paulbo

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 12:55:48 PM »

Hi X10 Pro,

Set that up first thing - I'm just using HC B and it's set up to monitor that code as well. Although AHP indicates that it's running the macros when activated (from either remote or AHP), nothing happens and only the triggers are recorded in the log.

It seems as though the CM15A is not able to generate any outgoing module codes unless specifically directed. It receives everything OK and all of my modules work just fine under remote control or AHP command, but macros and timers just sit there.

Any further thoughts?

Thanks for the help,
   Paul

Paulbo

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 10:19:45 AM »

Got a response from tech support - their thought was that the profile file was corrupted and suggested I start from scratch. Did that - now ONE of three macros works, but the timers are still dead in the water. Hmmm.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.