Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your input wanted!  (Read 95731 times)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Your input wanted!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 08:50:30 PM »

...are you sure you were on www.x10securitysystems.com or www.x10minitimer.com ? Those are the sites I am working on as of now.
Sounds like we may need to bribe you into "knocking some sense into" whoever is in charge of the other sites then.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 08:52:12 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Rocket J Squirrel

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 07:58:10 PM »

My input is that adding new domain names for each product makes it harder, not easier, to find your products.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 09:20:15 PM »

...I had the chat popup deactivated Friday. I will go ahead and try your approach.  ;) ...
How's it working?
Your site continues to be a refreshing change from the other X10 sites. Thank you for respecting our intelligence by avoiding the pop ups.
When I see pop up ads it makes me think of car ads screaming "No Money Down...". Mercedes doesn't need to scream about their product.
It particularly insults me that the support forums have been infected with talking pop ups. Since you seem to be the only one with any sense on this topic, would you please share our pleas with your coworkers.
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2006, 10:33:12 PM »

...A very good start was when they hired you. Marko, you seem serious about fixing the face of X10. Which is the web site and is the first thing people see....I wish you the best of luck and success in this endeavor.
He's still the new guy on the block so it maybe awhile before some of the current staff recognizes his value and turn over more sites to him. We can only hope they see his good work and perhaps see some of our comments when review time comes.  :)

x10marko

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 02:11:06 PM »

You two are too nice to me! (I hope my bosses read this!  ;D)

farvernugen

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2006, 09:39:35 PM »

Hey,
I'm new to your site, and quite honestly think the standard X10 sites are way too convoluted, overly busy, intrusive with pop-up marketing windows that just distract and don't help me make proper directional decisions. Strip off all the window dressings, make the technical background easier to find, put more effort into systems integration and setup schematics.

If you demonstrate what the product can do, with more examples that are a bit more out there than the standard turn on the light bulb examples...you might be surprised how your product would start to cross market itself.

I'm looking to do home automation, but include some solar hot water controls. I think your product will work....as I was initially thinking stand alone PLC's with ladder logic programming, I'm now thinking your product, with a relay bank control panel like stargate might be the best of all worlds?

Your new web site, is a lot easier to navigate, however it still is a bit primitive on the support side....from a technical standpoint. Perhaps a bit less marketing hype, and a bit more "systems" and individual "products" support would help......no, not perhaps, it will help. I did download the manuals available, but the individual products are pretty vague.

One specification I find lacking is the current draw per module. In todays world, products must be energy efficient, a no post of this specification is showing a lack of professional courtesy for overall power draw electrical designers.

Otherwise, keep up the good work....competition is tight in todays world.....nobody can tell you better than an educated customer what they really want in a product.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 04:08:41 PM »

One specification I find lacking is the current draw per module. In todays world, products must be energy efficient
I couldn't agree more! Perhaps the specs could be listed on the page or a link to a page with specs for each product!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.