Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: can a cm11a be used with AHP?  (Read 7053 times)

brett1740

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
can a cm11a be used with AHP?
« on: May 10, 2006, 10:16:24 AM »

i was just wondering if the serial cm11a interface can be used with AHP. i have been having some troubles with the cm15a  ??? like turning one light off and another one coming on and 10 seconds later another light turns on  :o and its freaking my wife out :P so i would like to do some testing with the cm11a. because i had not ONE problem with the old AH and cm11a.

thanks

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: can a cm11a be used with AHP?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 11:04:29 AM »

I believe the short answer would be no.
Give us some more details as to what is happening. eg. What's different now that you started using AHP.
With out anything to go on, It's hard to make suggestions. Are your problems happening in your macros? If so try sticking in a few 1 second delays between commands and see that helps.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 04:51:23 PM »

The CM11A can be used to find out what is going on with AHP and the CM15A but it can't interface with AHP.
Many users have done this purhaps one will chime in with the how to! ;)
As steven r stated
Give us some more details as to what is happening. eg. What's different now that you started using AHP.
How did you import your setup to AHP? or did you just retype everything?
There are many things what you may have in your setup you don't need with the cm15a and if not configured correctly in AHP all kinds of strange things can happen!
Any repeater,transcievers in the mix? if so remove them and see if that helps! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 08:04:24 PM »

With the cm11a you maybe able to run Active Home and use the Tools Tab and look at the Communications Log. It should show anything being sent by any units including the cm15a.
I also would say any transceivers or repeaters in the mix.
Also have you tried a complete reset on the cm15a? Unplug from AC. Remove batteries. Reconnect to power; install batteries and redownload all times.

brett1740

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 09:57:20 AM »

hey guys thanks for the replies  ;)

i was using the original AH with the cm11a and every thing was peachy. :) when i went to the AHP and cm15a things started going haywire  ??? first off i use the wireless slimline stick on switches next to the bed with the 16 device x10 reciever (sorry i forget the model num.)  and lights would turn ON when you turned other lights OFF and then after acouple of minutes went by other lights would mysteriously turn themselves on with no provication, then i would switch back to the cm11a and the original AH and every thing was at peace again and worked perfectly. now i just started getting into this stuff and i don't use any macros or timers (yet)

thanks
brett
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 10:04:52 AM by brett1740 »

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 02:29:19 PM »

...i use the wireless slimline stick on switches next to the bed with the 16 device x10 reciever (sorry i forget the model num.)...
Are you using that along with the CM15A? The CM15A is also a 256 device X10 reciever. (All 16 house codes with all 16 device codes.) See if you can do without the "16 device x10 reciever" (I forget the name also.) or make sure to turn off that code in the AHP.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 02:44:39 PM »

As steve r stated
See if you can do without the "16 device x10 reciever" (I forget the name also.) or make sure to turn off that code in the AHP.
If that House code isn't turned off in AHP and your running the "16 device x10 reciever" you'll get lots of double commands and strange things happening.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

brett1740

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 03:37:53 PM »

As steve r stated
See if you can do without the "16 device x10 reciever" (I forget the name also.) or make sure to turn off that code in the AHP.
If that House code isn't turned off in AHP and your running the "16 device x10 reciever" you'll get lots of double commands and strange things happening.

well for some reason the wirless slim switches don't work with the cm15a so that is why im using the x10 16 dev. reciever, but i have not tried to dissable the rf feature on the cm15a.......i'm gona try that tonight.....thnaks again guys for all your input

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.