Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: need help with viewing my home cam from my office....  (Read 10195 times)

hammer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
need help with viewing my home cam from my office....
« on: May 17, 2006, 10:02:42 AM »

Thanks to whomever can help me with this.....   I have the AHP loaded on my home pc and I am able to view the camera I have located in my home from my home computer. I have the CM15A thingy hooked up as well. I'm trying to log onto the myhome website to view the cam from my office but cannot get logged on. I did forward an email from my home pc to my office so I would have all the proper login info / passwords and so forth..but it wont log in .....am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks again

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: need help with viewing my home cam from my office....
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:45:56 AM »

Many users are having problems logging on at work mainly because of the way their offices have their networks setup.
Are you able to log on at home? this is the first step to debuging to ensure everything is setup correctly at home.
run AHP with the server running next open your browser and go to the myhome website and try logging on If you can't it is usualy something in your setup. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hammer

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 11:32:36 AM »

Tuiceman..... Thanks for the reply. I did try opening the myhouse website at home, but it made the camera's image blank out. The x10 tech guy told me to shut the wensite off at the home computer cause it was causing a conflict. He told me I have to be logging in from a diff computer to view the cam that was being displayed on my home computer...is that wrong ?.....well, I guess it is considering you're telling me to log onto the myhouse site from the same pc.....hmmmmmmm....what to do.....and yes, there is a network in my office.....are there any changes I need to make to my network setup or configuration to allow me to view my home cam from my office ??

Thanks again

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 11:53:43 AM »

I haven't used the web plugin since the last update so that maybe true but never use to.
what we're tring to do first is make sure you can log onto your myhouse thats the first major step.
Do you have any other PCs at home?
Are you connected to the internet threw a router, if so which brandname?
Do you use a firewall, if so which one?
Since your able to log on from your PC but can't see the pics try another pc maybe a friends. if you don't have another one at home on a home network. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hammer

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 01:51:45 PM »

Tuiceman,

Yes I have another pc at the house but the x10 program is not on that pc, nor do I want to put it on that pc. I am also connected to the internet using a linxes router. Asw far as the firewall, I disabled it in order to rid myself of that possible problem. As we speak, my home pc is running and the AHP program is running and the camera is up and rinning so I can see that cam on that pc. Question, does that automatically post that cams images on the myhouse website?.. also, am I just looking at pics on the MYHOUSE website, or am I able to see live video ?...

Hopefully I can get this connection problem fixed soon. On the MY HOUSE STATUS box it shows that its trying to connect, then it says, " cannot connect to My HOuse Service"... Then it says " check for correct system ID" then it waits to try again

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 01:57:43 PM »

Ok you don't need the x10 program on the other pc just open the browser to the myhouse link the activeX must install to view myhome you can delete after. If you can't conect from that pc it is a router problem probly port forwarding.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 02:06:35 PM »

To answer you question  YES you will be able to view live video from the other PCs provided you have permissions set up in MYhouse "user configuration"
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hammer

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 07:40:59 AM »

Tuiceman,

I have updated the home pc to the latest version of AHP. I also used the link you provided to update my office pc wqith the latest MYHOUSE version. On the home pc I clicked on MYHOUSE and told it to connect to the server ( one thing that wasnt done before) it did so and said it was waiting for a remote user. I figured I was in good shape at that point. I'm in the office and now when I go to open MYHOUSE and try to log on it is getting thru, but the last line in the status box says " Waiting for System #___________" and it shows the code # is there a step I failed to perform at the home pc??...it seems like its on the verge of connecting...... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

So close, yet so far.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 09:15:24 AM »

There seems to still be problems with the MyHouse server. This has been discussed here earlier, but the log-in problems remain.

Would X10Pro give some insight into what's going on with Myhouse on the server end.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 09:28:11 AM »

hammer:  As Dan indicated there seems to be a problem with the  x10 server STILL! ::) :(
But just incase your missing something: in AHP click on "MyHouse" then "User configuration" and make sure you have it set up correctly and all user info is inplace.
Next close and then click on "MyHouse" then "Connect to MyHouse Service"
In your linxes  router setup  open TCP port 80 & 8001.You should be ready to go.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:05:43 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.