Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Extended codes and modules;  (Read 12397 times)

Boiler

Re: Extended codes and modules;
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 04:49:22 PM »

Johnny5dm,

Welcome to the forum.

I extracted the below from the document that you referenced.  Data type 3 is used for module control.  Control type "31" is the direct dim command.  The "B" field shown is used to specify dim values of 0 to 63 (6 bits = 2^6 values).  The "T" field is used for ramp time - I've never used it.

Clear as mud,
Boiler

« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 05:29:14 PM by Boiler »

Johnny5dm

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 06:12:15 PM »

Thanks for the reply - it took me a few times to figure out that the type 3 section was what I needed.  Thanks!!  I'm having fun with my new LM465's now.  Although there are still some interesting issues (you can put it IN to a group but can't take it out without unplugging it...).  But fun, nonetheless!  Thanks again!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 08:39:41 PM »

Thanks for the reply - it took me a few times to figure out that the type 3 section was what I needed.  Thanks!!  I'm having fun with my new LM465's now.  Although there are still some interesting issues (you can put it IN to a group but can't take it out without unplugging it...).  But fun, nonetheless!  Thanks again!

One more bug to add to the list.   I've confirmed it with the redesigned LM465 I have.  Thanks for the report.

BTW, that "T" field to set a ramp time has no effect for any X10 module with extended code support that I've tested: LM14A or redesigned versions of LM465 and WS467.  The "T" field wasn't mentioned in the earlier version of X-10's extended code document and I think they neglected to remove it when it was reissued as a PDF file.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Boiler

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 08:39:14 PM »

One more bug to add to the list.   I've confirmed it with the redesigned LM465 I have.  Thanks for the report.

BTW, that "T" field to set a ramp time has no effect for any X10 module with extended code support that I've tested: LM14A or redesigned versions of LM465 and WS467.  The "T" field wasn't mentioned in the earlier version of X-10's extended code document and I think they neglected to remove it when it was reissued as a PDF file.

Thanks Charles,
As I said,  I've never tried programming the ramp rate previously.  I use Leviton units and program the ramp at the switch.  I just tried programming the "T" field and it had no effect on the ramp rate for a HCM06.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.