Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WS467 and PS561  (Read 23486 times)

aahepp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
WS467 and PS561
« on: May 21, 2006, 04:24:03 PM »

Will the Wall Switch Module WS467 not work with the PS561 X10 security system?  I install the wall modules and put it on the same house and put the unit code to 2 to be controlled by my SH624 Remote and it will not turn the light on and off.  I know the wall switch is working because I can turn it off and on manually.  But not with the remote. 

I have tried several different wall plates in several different circuits and still get the same results.  Anyone know how to get this working?  Or if they will not function together.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: WS467 and PS561
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 05:50:15 PM »

The standard X10 buttons on the remote should turn the switches on or off. If you set them on the security light house/unit code. Will they flash if the console is tripped? If not the X10 line signals may not be getting to the switches. Typical problems are modules on the other phase of the homes wiring or excessive noise on the powerline. As a quick test first move the security console to another outlet preferably on a different Branch circuit and see it it then can control the switches. Also try unplugging things like TVs Computers and other electronic things to see if that helps. Sometimes a test by turning on a 220 Volt device like a electric dryer and then testing the switches again can show an X10 phase coupling problem. This test is not 100% but a start.

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 08:14:54 PM »

Try moving the console to an outlet close to the switch.
Make sure your remote is still registered by testing Arm, Disarm
Make sure the switch HC = Console HC, UC = 1 - 4.
Like Brian asked does it respond when the alarm is tripped?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

aahepp

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 09:53:22 PM »

Well I had try it in several different outlets till I got all the outlets I think working now.  But now the problem is...got it all the way to where it needs to be....but no phone outlet in this location.  Now going to have to run a phone outlet to the location.

Now...a question about the WS467.  I have some switches like in a hallway which it has 2 regular switches.  Well I replaced just one switch.  The WS467 is just a 2 wire switch where as these switches had 3 wires running to them.  The third wire being the interconnect between the switches.  Well the WS467 operates like it is supposed to.  But the normal switch now does not function at all.  I had connected the interconnect with the incoming on the WS467, but I think it may need to be moved to the other pole to get it to function properlly.

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 10:54:07 PM »

You need to use a WS4777 3-Way Wall Switch, for that application.
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

aahepp

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 12:43:05 PM »

Well didn't know they made a 3-way outlet.  I will have to check to see if I can find some.  A local stores only carry the WS467.

Previously we was talking about some switches that would work because of noise or wrong phase.  Is there a way to resolve that problem?  I did notice that X10 carries some noise filters but in the past I have hardly ever seen them work properly.  Any other solutions on fixing certain outlets / switches that will not work proper?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 04:42:00 PM »

Do you have any phase coupling between the phases of the house? Many times the X10 signals have trouble getting from one phase of the home to the other. Giving you the symptom some outlets and switches work and others do not.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.