Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wall switch module turns off by itself  (Read 4791 times)

lucharnois

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Wall switch module turns off by itself
« on: December 27, 2008, 04:19:19 PM »

I have only three wall switch modules (WS647).  My problem is that lights turn off by itself.  After I turn them on ( by a timer or a macro or manually ) it usually takes from 10 to 60 minutes before they turn off.  It happens randomly to any of them.  They never turn ON by themself.   

I wish to install more modules, but first I have to solve my problem

Luc

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Wall switch module turns off by itself
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:38:55 AM »

Standard incandescent type bulbs being controlled?

lucharnois

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 11:10:38 AM »

2 are standard incandescents lights one is christmas lights.  Yesterday I unplugged the christmas lights.  Now I have only my 2 pairs of incandescents lights. One of them turned of by itself yesterday.

USdangerboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 11:45:40 AM »

I have a problem as well with these but not only turning off, but on as well.

It seems the RWS17 wall switch does not like to share the common wire with another unit in the same gang box.  When I put two in the same box next to each other, I get random behavior.  Turning on one unit will cause the other to go on, usually a few seconds later or turning one off cause the other to go on.  It's totally random. 

I turned on off and the other works well, then I turned it back on, and pulled it out of the gang (hanging out of the box, looks classy) and the separation seemed to help.  I havn't troubleshot it all the way, but it seems like the house wires might be to blame on the common side of the wiring.

I ordered a phase coupler/repeater, once that's in, I'll update here when I get it resolved.  If anyone has the same problem, or any ideas, I'd love to hear them!!  Thanks!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.