🔌General Home Automation > Troubleshooting Automation Problems

Appliance modules

(1/2) > >>

Duck69:
With the help of Brian and others my security setup has so far gone smoothly.
All (10) my door and window modules are in place, registered and working "as advertised".
I don't have my flood cams up as yet because I can't climb nor afford an electrician at this point.
So that will have to wait for awhile.
Today, I attempted to install an appliance module with a small fan. Nil, Nothing, Zero, Zip response.
Followed the instructions, tried on 5 different outlets around the house, tried different modules and different PalmPad Controllers. (Yes the fan works.)
When all that failed, I went contrary to the instructions and plugged the appliance module and fan in; in every conceivable way possible. Still nothing. :o ??? :-[
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Jim

JimC:
Have you installed a transceiver module of some type?  If not there is no way for the signal to get from your palm pad into the house wiring.

Tuicemen:
If you have the modules housecode and unit number selected properly and  configured right in AHP but you  can't turn it on from AHP  placed on the same circit as the CM15A then it is a faulty module. Return it for a replacement if it is still under warranty.

JimC:
Jim,

Are you running AHP with CM15A?

Jim

JimC:
Jim,

I know nothing about Insteron.

If you do not have the CM15A set up and if you do not have any other transceiver module you will not be able to turn any modules on and off using a palm pad. You will only be able to controll modules using a wired controller.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version