Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Panasonic CT-30WX15 TV with 61-3003 Appliance Module from RS  (Read 3291 times)

JonathanK

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hi.

I recently bought my first Home Automation products.

I purchased a 61-3003 Appliance Module from Radio Shack and have plugged my Panasonic CT-30WX15 TV (HDTV, Widescreen) into it.  I also purchased the plug in controller from Radio Shack.  The controller works fine turning the TV off and on. 

The problem I'm having is that every morning when I turn the TV back on, I get the TV setup screen, as if the TV has lost all of it's settings.  Is this to be expected?  Is there any way to use the appliance module to control the TV while preventing this from happening??  Could this damage the TV in the long run?

Could the TV be putting out too much power for the appliance module (couldn't find the actual watt output in the TV's manual)?

Thanks for any help!!!

nfm1

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
Re: Panasonic CT-30WX15 TV with 61-3003 Appliance Module from RS
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 08:29:21 AM »

Hi.

I recently bought my first Home Automation products.

I purchased a 61-3003 Appliance Module from Radio Shack and have plugged my Panasonic CT-30WX15 TV (HDTV, Widescreen) into it. I also purchased the plug in controller from Radio Shack. The controller works fine turning the TV off and on.

The problem I'm having is that every morning when I turn the TV back on, I get the TV setup screen, as if the TV has lost all of it's settings. Is this to be expected? Is there any way to use the appliance module to control the TV while preventing this from happening?? Could this damage the TV in the long run?

Could the TV be putting out too much power for the appliance module (couldn't find the actual watt output in the TV's manual)?

Thanks for any help!!!

I believe the module simply turns the power ON /OFF at the receptacle (disconnects power)   - All your TV settings will be lost every time you disconnect "power down" your TV..

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 08:54:18 AM »

Most TVs these days have so many setup features it not really worth killing the power to them whether you do it by unplugging them or with an X10 module. I'd also be surprised if the TV comes on when you switch the appliance module back on. Most TVs default to OFF when power is restored.

Now the good news: I bet that TV has a sleep setting and a built in ON timer.

Save that appliance module for something else like the coffee put that the wife forgets to turn off.  ;)
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 09:56:24 AM »

Just about all modern electronic entertainment stuff has what is called instant on. Meaning  it has a small amount of current draw even when turned off to maintain all the presets.
As  nfm1 stated the appliance module simply turns on/off the power (same as pulling the plug). Why X10 and other companies still advertise that you can turn of /on your TV is beyond me, Although true.  As Steven r stated:
Most TVs these days have so many setup features it not really worth killing the power to them whether you do it by unplugging them or with an X10 module.
again follow Steven r's advice
Save that appliance module for something else   
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 09:59:09 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.