Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 Application Question  (Read 2502 times)

jdurrmsu

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 Application Question
« on: May 26, 2006, 01:16:44 PM »

I am thinking of installing an X10 system in my home however I do not have a land line.  My wife and I only use cell phones.  Is there a system that is suited for this application?  Is there one that will just alarm and not call, as well if there is a product like this how long will the alarm sound before being shut off?  Would it work to install the voice dialer and just not hook it up to a hard line and if so will it ever cut off if it cannot reach someone?

X10Securitysystems

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
    • X10 Security Systems
Re: X10 Application Question
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 03:24:41 PM »

Hey jdurrmsu,

Thanks for the questions.  It is becoming more and more common these days for individuals to scrap the typical house phone and go cellular, or broadband.  There are a few products that will enable your cell phone to dial out through a typical house phone, see this page http://www.x10securitysystems.com/other_celldock.html. These products are very new, as well as the technology.  The Protector Plus Voice Dialer will work without being connected to the telephone line. The alarm sounds for 4 minutes - after which it rearms itself.  Due to the fact that in this case you would not be alerting anyone via phone, I would suggest purchasing a few extra PoweHorn Sirens and Lamp modules. That way the alert will be more dramatic in your home in the event there were a break in. Upon arrival at home the console would have a led light lit by the zone which the alarm was tripped. For more info on the Protector Plus check out http://www.x10securitysystems.com. Hopefully this addresses your questions, but if not feel free to ask more.

Thanks,

The X10SecurityTeam
X10 Security Systems Advisor
X10SecuritySystems.com

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.