Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Picture/lens issue?  (Read 3183 times)

kzoopackfan

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Picture/lens issue?
« on: July 06, 2006, 09:47:04 PM »

I purchased awireless Xcam2.  The quality of the picture was about what I expected  not too bad but not excellent.  However I do notice that the picture appears to float behind a "fixed screen" which I think maybe is due to a dirty lens (lenscap is removed).  I know it is not because of the wireless issue since I am familar with that and can successfully deal with it.  Has anyone else had this issue and know if the lens can be safely cleaned?

ra88

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Picture/lens issue?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 01:16:39 AM »

Yes, I have the excite same problem. I have a ticket in to tech support. Hopefully they can help. ;D

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 07:24:31 PM »

The lens is removeable in fact some users have replaced the lens with those from other cams (even from non x10 cams).
I've never tried it but I hear it unscrews. Turning the lens also helps with focus(I have done this)
Perhaps just turning the lens will help  but since it can be remove and replaced I'd think it could be cleaned (if the lens is only one piece of glass/plastic) ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 08:29:34 PM »

Yes, the lens unscrews.  It's a little hard to turn at first because there's a lock washer behind it, but after that it turns quite freely and can be removed.

(I find it interesting to turn the lens way out and focus on objects less than an inch away - it's then like a microscope.  The only difficulty is getting enough illumination on the object being viewed.)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.