Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP & AM466 's  (Read 5627 times)

DragonDave

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP & AM466 's
« on: June 12, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

Hi, I am somewhat new to this Active Home.  I have been using x10 palm pads to control lights, only, with the transceiver.  Now I have the AHP software, & am having trouble with using the timers.  I have set-up two appliances (window AC units), on housecode A.  Everything I run is on housecode A, right now (just the lights, though, & the 2 AC units).  I set the 2 AC units on the software, & downloaded into the interface.  They will work if I push the Palm Pad remote (turning on & off), but, the timers won't control them at all.  Even tried the repeat function in the software.
Would I prehaps do better if for these two units, I changed the House Code, to say: "B"?, thus leaving only the lights on House Code "A".

HELP is appreciated.  Thanx a lot.
DD

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: AHP & AM466 's
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 01:16:40 PM »

Biggest problem newbies have is confusing macros with timers.
Are you tring to set a timmer or macro? They aren't the same although a timmer can control a macro!
If you click on the + beside the timer it will bring up a window with all modules and macros you have so far configured in AHP . High light the one you wish to add the timmer to and click ok then set the times in the setup window.
Make sure to save and download to the interface(Cm15A) when your finished! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 01:58:04 PM »

Don't forget to define the AM466's as Appliance Modules.  They don't have a dim function, but they have a mechanical switch, when the module turns on you will hear  a "click".

They will respond to timers and macros.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

DragonDave

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 10:46:49 AM »

Thanks, am going to try your suggestions in a few minutes...will let you know.

I am doing timers only, so far.  Macros down the road..maybe.

Thanks again for the help,  DD

DragonDave

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 11:09:07 AM »

WOW...thanks a lot!  Got the timer in the Office to turn on the A/C in the office.  Have to wait for the other one....till 1500, but, imagine it will be okay too.

Many thanks for the help.
DD

DragonDave

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 04:08:03 PM »

OOPS.....back to square one.  The office one worked, when I had AHP (Interface)  on the same circuit, but, when I put it in its normal outlet, it did not activate either AC unit with AHP...even though they both work with Palm Pads.

Should I put a TM751 in another circuit?  Woulld this help? How would I then configure the whole arrangement?

Thanks,  DD

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 07:34:42 AM »

You have a phase issue if you have a tm751 it will solve the problem for now but a better option would be to get a phase coupler. some just plug into dryer outlets others are hard wired into the main electrical  pannel.
[li]In order to make the tm751 work you need to configure it in AHP as a trasciever.[/li]
[li]In hardward configuration make sure that the housecode for the tm751 is NOT set as transcieved.[/li]
[li] the tm751 is always unit 1 of the housecode you set [/li]
[li]change the house codes of the devices you wish to recieve the commands to it's housecode starting with unit 2[/li]
[li]plug the tm751 into  an outlet which is on the phase that  the cm15a can't talk to. [/li]

That will get you running ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 07:39:59 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

DragonDave

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 02:09:29 PM »

Thank you very much.  All seems to be working okay now, as I went & moved the AHP interface, and now everything that is on timers works great.  THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP,  DD

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.