Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Strategy between PC and Interface box  (Read 6894 times)

Biker

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Strategy between PC and Interface box
« on: July 07, 2006, 10:08:40 PM »

I'm completely new here. Planning a strategy for my hardware which should arrive next week. I am an experienced programmer. I downloaded the SDK. But I really don't think I won't need it with Smart Macro features.

I am single, and want the system to operate in 3 primary modes: 1) Home and active, 2) Home night-time, 3) Away. I think I need to be using FLAGS for this, which I understand only work in the interface box. A keyfob can let me set mode.

I have no wireline phone, but I have a permanant 24-7 highspeed internet connection. I plan to send SECURITY related alerts to my cell phone via text messages which I can send e-mail to Cingular for. Only in the away (3) mode.  I can write an EXE that will send the contents of a command line parameter for via macros saved on the PC. I also want announciation of some events (typically at night when asleep). For example, if I am sleeping (2) I would like to know of some motion sensing in the yard, and of course the basement. My thought is to use Microsoft Speech SDK and wire the speaker into the house. I think I need to make a separate macro for each sentence, since I can not pass a parameter from the Interface to the PC. Also want to use voice as a warning when arming the sytem before leaving after selecting alarm (with maybe a 90 second delay).

I think I need to use VIRTUAL MODULES to get macros running in the Interface to trigger the macros running in the PC.

When away, of course I want to have all motion inside the house to trigger a security text-message. But at night just the place I tend to meander to not reported. Actually at night I want everything that may indicate an intruder to announciate via voice.

Key design concepts I am running past you are 1) Flags for the modes, held in the Interface. The Interface decides if there has been a security problem, and turns a virtual module on, and 2) Interface controlling most complex mode checks and setting virtual device postings to the PC to act upon them.

Does this sound close to right, or am I just not getting it?

Thanks for your input - Lee

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.