Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Does a macro continue during a power failure?  (Read 2497 times)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Does a macro continue during a power failure?
« on: June 16, 2006, 12:03:57 AM »

Despite the fact that this should be easy to test, I haven't been able to conclusively reach a conclusion on this.

Is it valid to assume that if you have a power interruption while a macro is executing, the battery backup on the CM15A would continue to execute the macro that was in progress before the power failure even if it couldn't send an X10 signal? (This is what appears to be happening at least most of the time.) Or is the macro lost?

This information will help me with my power recovery macro.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 12:06:21 AM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Does a macro continue during a power failure?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

If you have an AC power failure, how would you even know if the macro executed properly?

No AC power means any cameras won't transmit properly, plus if the macro is computer based the PC won't operate either, which means AHP won't be available either.

In short, since X10 depends on the powerline to send signals, they don't work either.

No AC, no X10.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Does a macro continue during a power failure?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 11:05:46 PM »

If you have an AC power failure, how would you even know if the macro executed properly?...
Well here's what I've done so far.

I started a marco that executes a few commands over a period of 10 minutes. After a minute or so, I unplugged the CM15A and then replugged it. The macro seemed to still be running. I don't consider the test totally conclusive as I haven't tried to determine what commands might of been missed or experimented with different times without power.

My reason for pursuing this field of thought is to prepare for what to expect if the power was interrupted, even briefly, while my power recovery macro was running. I've learned, sometimes the hard way, that Murphy has a way of messing with things resulting in unexpected results.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.