Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle eye  (Read 3912 times)

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Eagle eye
« on: October 07, 2008, 11:53:22 AM »

So If I wanted to add an eagle eye inside to start a macro to turn on lights when we get up in morning. What all do I need? just the eagle eye? or do I need a receiver?

Thanks

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Eagle eye
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 12:26:08 PM »

You need a receiver as well a controllable light switch, but you mention "macro"... do you already have ActiveHome or ActiveHome Pro?

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 12:42:17 PM »

I have AHP and also smart macros if needed. Would I need a TM751 or would I need a RR501? Or can this even be done to trigger macros?

You say controllable light switch................for?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 02:19:35 PM by idbl_fanatic »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 04:08:22 PM »

The CM15A has an X10 RF receiver in it. So that should cover the sensors signal. That is if the sensor is in the CM15As reception range.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »

The CM15A has an X10 RF receiver in it. So that should cover the sensors signal. That is if the sensor is in the CM15As reception range.

COOL!

So what is this about the light switch? And, is it possible to trigger the macros? I assume that you just assign the macro to an unused channel say like C16

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 04:19:58 PM »

You mean you need a new X10 switch to replace a standard one?
Can you give more details on the light. CFL; Incadescent; Low Voltage. Also do you want dimming or just on and off. CFLs and Low Voltage would need On and Off with no dimming to be safe.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 05:30:49 PM »

I want it to trigger a macro to turn on my other lights in the room, i.e  family room light, living room light, turn on my fan, etc. when I walk into the room.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 08:30:24 PM »

I want it to trigger a macro to turn on my other lights in the room, i.e  family room light, living room light, turn on my fan, etc. when I walk into the room.

Since you have AHP with the Smart Macros plug-in, then all you need to do is create a macro that triggers on the address of you Eagle Eye and turns on your various X10 light/appliance modules.

If you are new to creating macros, there are lots of examples posted here on the forum; including the User-Designed Working Macros section.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 06:50:16 AM »

You may have to play with the location of some of the sensors. The CM15A is not known for long distance reception from things like Remotes and Motion sensors. Also watch your X10 addresses with the motion sensors. Dusk dawn on and off commands are on the sensors address +1. Like motion B1; dusk dawn is B2.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.