Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 transmitter with binary input?  (Read 8817 times)

daryl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 transmitter with binary input?
« on: June 25, 2006, 09:59:24 PM »

I would like to use X10 to communicate the on/off state of a special purpose sensor device I'm bringing to market.  The device can generate a 3v logic signal.  Is there an X10 controller that will accept such a binary signal and act like a simple on/off switch to turn on or off a simple lamp module?  Failing that, is there a reference that can show me a design for a simple on/off contoller such as is used inside an X10 wall switch transmitter?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

daryl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: X10 transmitter with binary input?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 12:47:04 PM »

Thanks!  That certainly looks like a good candidate, except for the 6-18v input range.  I may have to arrange for a reed relay to drive it.  Pushing my luck here: is there a simpler device?  I'm hoping for a cheaper solution that will simply turn a light on and off; I don't need three modes with full house lighting control.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 12:06:54 PM »

daryl
 The Power Flash is about the "cleanest" X10 solution if it works a 3V, but you need to experiment. I have Power Flash triggering at 5V input. If you went the reed relay route, you could hack just about any X10 controller and (i.e. the "mini or maxi controller") accomplish the task.
There are also non X10,  RF controllers that turn on a special light switch or module. They are usually marketed as a cheap way to add three way control. 
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 04:47:20 PM »

daryl:
Many third-party devices use the X-10 TW523/PSC05 as a powerline interface for X10 signalling.  If your sensor product involves a microcontroller, this may be the best way to go.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.