Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 06/27 Bandit Alert: New ActiveHome: Home automation made easy! - for Only $49.99  (Read 82174 times)

The BANDIT

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Remember the first time you experienced the simple thrill of making something happen by remote control? Well, get prepared to feel that again on a grand scale. With the NEW ActiveHome, its never been more easy or affordable to put home automation to work for you. New ActiveHome gives you:

Receive a Warm Welcome Home Every Night - its like your home is your best friend!

Create Instant Romance with the Touch of a Button

Press a Button - Start the Party

Security While You're Away with Realistic Lived-In Look

Lower Energy Bills with Schedules for Lights and Appliances

But here's the BEST part: At ANYTIME, there can can be a special BANDIT BONUS, although I won't say what it may be, I will say if we sell out fast, I have other BANDIT BONUSES waitng to fil the space. Youcan only find out what the BANDIT BONUS is by cliking the link below. Visit often: the BANDIT BONUS can come and go ANYTIME! 

Look Here: the Bandit could strike ANYTIME:

http://www.x10.com/promotions/goldmine_new_activehome_4bandit.html

LIMIT 1 PER CUSTOMER

Contractors and Dealers are Excluded from Midnight Bandit Offers

POST Your Comments about this Deal and tell the Bandit what you think.

What are you waiting for - No Registration Required!

-- THE MIDNIGHT BANDIT
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 09:25:34 PM by TakeTheActive »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68

No thanks.

Serial interfaces give Windows XP fits, that's one major reason to stay away from serial interfaces.

Most WinXP users have switched to Active Home Pro and the USB CM15A interface for that reason.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

I'm not impressed with the word NEW this isn't new!!!!
 If your going to advertize it as such at least update the software for it so it will run on XP!
Have this problem with alot of X10 hardware that they're trying to get rid of! Having the word new in the advertizing is missleading! Shame on You X10!!!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

YUP!!!

It's the same old CM11a I still have in my bottom drawer, awaiting somebody who might need it, and the CD with the AH software is in the spare CD Box.

Don't bother.

This "DEAL" is not worth the $49.99 Price!!!!!!

SteveG

• Helpful Post Rating: -13

It appears many of you may be confusing this deal with the older RCA ActiveHome which is the CM11A Serial PC Interface.  This package includes the New CM15A USB PC Interface and software. 

The Bandit Bonus adds an RCA branded remote control and a wireless transceiver similar to X10's RR501 transceiver.  This is a nice little free bonus as an extra transceiver does come in handy and the RCA universal remote can control your TV as well as X10 lights.  Both the CM15A and RCA Transceiver will received the X10 commands from this universal remote.

Dan Lawrence

Steve,

I know damn well when the link the Bandit posted took you to the X10 site for it and the interface shown was not the CM15a, but the CM11a serial one. I just went back to the link and the website now shows the CM15A USB one. 

Now the obvious question: WHY??  The whole reason a lot of us went to AHP was the serial port problems that some XP systems had. If the AH Software was able to use the CM15a, why did we all spend the money?  Makes zero sense to me, as Active Home never had any of the add-ons that AHP does. BTW, what version of Active Home is suppied with this offer?  The last version availble was 1.42, which caused some problems on some systems, so some of  us backed up to 1.32.

My view is offers like this just "muddy the waters" as far as X10 control software and interfaces is concerned. 

Dan Lawrence

Just checked one of the other RCA/AH offers at http://www.x10.com/promotions/goldmine_activehome_bandit.html

That one clearly shows the CM11a serial interface.

So which is it?  The CM15a or the CM11a?

Since you are The Bandit, what's going on here?

Howard, Fine and Howard could do a better job.  :(

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10

Just checked one of the other RCA/AH offers at http://www.x10.com/promotions/goldmine_activehome_bandit.html...
That's odd. Your link didn't show up in your post but appeared when I went to make the reply.

...and it's doesn't show up in the quote either. How strange. It's as if the forum doesn't want the post to appear.

Let's see if I can make the link appear here.

Hmm... That didn't work either. Is anyone else having a problem seeing the link? If so, try a reply to this email to see what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 10:27:17 AM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Dan Lawrence

Worked for me.  :) Clicked both the original and your liink.

The offer even includes a 9pin/25 pin converter for those that only have 25 pin serial ports.

If X10 USA is pushing this, why didn't X10 just put out an update to AH so it would use the USB interface, which could have been sold for less to to the AH users who were having trouble communicating with the serial one in WinXP?

I am an avid X10 user, and I would gladly upgraded my AH instead of shelling out more money for a totally new software package when AH did everything I wanted it to.

I'm not totally unhappy with AHP, other than the previously posted single problem relating module status.  I don't need anything but the base AHP, I don't need any of the add-on packages.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10

Worked for me.  :) Clicked both the original and your liink...
The link isn't even showing up on my laptop. I'll check from my desktop.

Other previous posts with links are visable, however. It looks like Murphy may have come to visit my computer again.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 12:08:18 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Dan Lawrence

Your laptop's link problem may be due to some flaky setting in Internet Exploder.

As to Murphy, that guy is the hardest worker in the world.  :)

Remember, though, Hoffnagle's corollary to Murphy's Laws:  Murphy was an optimist.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

Originally the link posted here took me to the one with the cm11a It now shows the USB cm15a go figure!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

That's what I found, all except the one that points to http://www.x10.com/promotions/goldmine_activehome_bandit.html

That one still shows the CM11a, complete with the 25/9 pin adapter.

PS, I got a PM from X10Pro, who advises that The Bandit is a real X10 employee and the profile has been updated to identify him as one.

I still wish X10 USA had done that modification to Active Home earlier, as I would have upgraded my AH instead of going to AHP.  :(
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 03:57:38 PM by Dan Lawrence »

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7

Dan,

Your looking at two different deals, one for the Active Home Pro CM15A(USB), and one for the Active Home CM11A(RS232).

I still wish X10 USA had done that modification to Active Home earlier, as I would have upgraded my AH instead of going to AHP.
Active Home still uses the CM11A (RS232) interface, no modifications were made.

Looking back over the subject for this thread it should read :
6/27 Bandit Alert: New ActiveHome Pro: Home automation made easy! - for Only $49.99!
The keyword = Pro!

« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 04:58:50 PM by billy »
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

Dan Lawrence

No, Billy.

The deals are for an "updated" Active Home (Not Pro) and the CM15a interface.

Read them again and see if you see Pro anywhere.

Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.