Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 07/02 Bandit Alert: RCA ActiveHome with RCA Home Control Kit for just $10!  (Read 31635 times)

The BANDIT

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Remember the first time you experienced the simple thrill of making something happen by remote control? Well, get prepared to feel that again on a grand scale. With the ActiveHome, its never been more easy or affordable to put home automation to work for you. New ActiveHome gives you:

Receive a Warm Welcome Home Every Night - its like your home is your best friend!

Create Instant Romance with the Touch of a Button

Press a Button - Start the Party

Security While You're Away with Realistic Lived-In Look

Lower Energy Bills with Schedules for Lights and Appliances

But here's the BEST part: At ANYTIME, there can can be a special BANDIT BONUS, although I won't say what it may be, I will say if we sell out fast, I have other BANDIT BONUSES waitng to fil the space. Youcan only find out what the BANDIT BONUS is by cliking the link below. Visit often: the BANDIT BONUS can come and go ANYTIME! 

Look Here: the Bandit could strike ANYTIME:

http://www.x10.com/promotions/goldmine_hc60rx.html

LIMIT 1 PER CUSTOMER

Contractors and Dealers are Excluded from Midnight Bandit Offers

POST Your Comments about this Deal and tell the Bandit what you think.

What are you waiting for - No Registration Required!

-- THE MIDNIGHT BANDIT
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:15:09 PM by TakeTheActive »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68

Of course, this deal doesn't work either.  Why?  Because the offer flat out lies.

The suppposed software shown as "Active Home Professional (SW13A) takes you to the same old 1.42 that's been on the software download page for two years.

That software the only one that can be used with the CM11a that comes with the "offer".

That is flat out false advertising, and no reputable company would do that. Wonder what the Nevada Attorney General  might do.

Somebody at X10 USA needs to rein The Bandit in before the company gets in hot water.  :o
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

BryanM

Has anyone successfully received one of these specials with all the parts? I have been trying to get a replacement for the missing interface cable for almost two months now! I think I am on e-mail number 5 to customer/order support and so far the best reply I've received was a link to make my own cable. Is this typical of their customer support? I have always had a good experience ordering from x-10 but I'm not so sure I'll continue to deal with them in the future.

Does anyone have any contact information for management or executive e-mail for x-10? I would like to be able to tell them about the level of service I've received. All of the generic support addresses seem to go to the same pool of unhelpful people.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX

FWIW, my RCA-branded CM11A and RR501 kit arrived complete with cable, adapter, and remote as described.   Another individual to whom I mentioned the sale received the complete kit also.   I ordered mine almost immediately when the offer appeared, the other individual a day or two later, so it may be the luck of the draw as to which boxes on the shelf are complete and which are missing parts.

But it is pretty poor service for X-10 not to make things right when problems like this occur.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com

I have had the same problem.  Got what appears (from the smudges and nicks on it) to be a USED CM11A with no cable.  Emailed support and was told this was a "known problem" and that I would be sent an email telling me when my cable shipped.  That was several weeks ago.   >:(
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!

Has anyone successfully received one of these specials with all the parts? I have been trying to get a replacement for the missing interface cable for almost two months now!

I placed my order when the deal first appeared and I received EVERYTHING (!NEW! & !COMPLETE!) as advertised.

But, other folks that I recommended the deal to, and afterwards 'spoken to' (Internet), either got INCOMPLETE or OBVIOUSLY USED components. :(

For reasons unknown to me, X-10 has obviously *NOT* 'STEPPED-UP-TO-THE-PLATE' here and I sincerely hope that eventually they offer some kind of explanation / apology / ?compensation?.

Don't get me wrong here - I LOVE *ALL* MY X-10 PRODUCTS! - Price vs. Performance they CAN'T BE BEAT!  ;D [Addict since the brown modules BSR / SEARS days!]

Yes, there's a (maybe STEEP for some folks) LEARNING CURVE (Read my FAQ in my SIG LINK). But, *IF* you read the FAQs from us "Old-Timers" [and realize how OLD (i.e. many years ago) the technology is vs. how many NEW / UNFRIENDLY / NOISEY / SIGNAL-SUCKING products (OBVIOUSLY UNKNOWN to the Original X-10 Engineers) have been introduced to the marketplace in the last ~30 years that INTERFERE with X-10 (SEARCH the Forum for 'Filters' - THEY WORK!)], you'll be just fine. ;)

Does anyone have any contact information for management or executive e-mail for x-10? I would like to be able to tell them about the level of service I've received. All of the generic support addresses seem to go to the same pool of unhelpful people.

I would:

• Start out with a PM to Mike Millari
    IMO, he's a 'Good Guy', trying to juggle WAY more balls than anyone should be expected to. Although I don't believe that 'this ' was in his original "Job Description", I do believe that he's been doing his best to handle this type of situation until someone else can take over.
  • CC: a copy to X10 Pro
    (He's 'Brand-New', regardless of what the 'stats' say, so give him some time to get up-to-speed.)
  • If you don't get satisfaction within a REASONABLE amount of time, FORWARD all of your previous correspondence to Dave Rye
    He's been with X-10 since *BEFORE* it was called X-10 [Pico]. Way-back, *YEARS* ago, (in a galaxy far, far away), I remember reading Dave Rye's Technical Blurbs. (He's a BIG HONCHO now, so, don't expect anymore Techincal Blurbs, but, IMO, he's still a valuable resource / contact.)
  • If Dave Rye doesn't solve your problem (and I cannot imagine any reason why not!), my next choice to contact would be:
    (I'm sorry, but I haven't bothered to research his E-Mail address since I haven't had any need to contact him. ;) )

Best of luck to you! :)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 05:31:50 PM by Jason Cutts »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

BryanM: if you took the time to register your username with a valid e-mail address I'm sure a X10 staffmember would have responded to your post as many of the X10 staff read these post. The last time I had a problem and posted it I had an e-mail with in a day assuring me of a fix and it came in the next days e-mail! Mind you it was software not hardware!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.