Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: software doesn't work...remotes do!  (Read 3833 times)

Voicepix

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
software doesn't work...remotes do!
« on: July 02, 2006, 01:27:10 PM »

Using windows XP Pro: I've installed...uninstalled and reinstalled AHP. It tells me the software is communicating with the transceiver, but I can't get it to turn anything on or off. I get the noises, but no action.
When I got to hardware config...it says the date is 1/1/1601. removing and installing the batteries again doesn't seem to help...the battery life indicator gives me a null " even after reset.
Oddly enough I have several remote devices from an old installation of Firecracker and palm pad (where the software also did not work)... All of the remotes work fine. ie. Key chain remotes and palm pads.

Any suggestions?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: software doesn't work...remotes do!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 05:15:05 PM »

Did you check WindowsXp's Control Panel's Hardware Coniguration/Device Manager to see if the the CM15A is shown as "X10 USB Active Home (APSI Compliant) under USB devices?

If it's not there, AHP will not see the interface.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Voicepix

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 08:20:38 PM »

Yup...device manager confirms it is there and complient.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 11:00:45 PM »

Then I suspect that there is someting wrong with the AHP software itself, or your .ahx files (which house your modules, timers and macros (unless the macros are PC based.

I suggest first, clear the interface and load one of the two sample files that come with AHP. If you can address any modules in the samples that have the same address as your modules.  If you can address them and your modules turn on and off from AHP, then the problem lies with the .AHX file you created. Delete all .ahx files except the two sample ones and reconstruct yours. Upload that new one to the interface and see if everything works the way you want.

If that fails, uninstall AHP, reboot and make sure everything in the Achive Home Pro folder except the .ahx files is gone. Back up your .axh file, delete all files in both C:\Program Files/Active Home Pro and C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10, then delete both folders.  Reboot again.

Once Windows has opened, reinstall AHP.  Follow all directions.  You will usually have to reboot. Once Windows is opened again, check the Control Panel as before, make sure the interface is shown as a USB device.   IF it is, reload your .ahx file and make sure it still works.

Good Luck!!!
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.