Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lola locks up PC  (Read 40251 times)

KDEinHouston

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Lola locks up PC
« on: July 02, 2006, 06:06:02 PM »

I've installed multiple times on two different PC's (XP and ME) with the exact same result.
PC is completely locked as soon as Lola is executed... no mouse, no Ctl-Alt-Delete... nothing!
PC has to be physically powered down and restarted in Safe mode and a system restore executed to get back control.

I've tried just about everything including clearing cookies, cache etc. in case the install download is incomplete.

I notice that at no time am I asked to plug in the receiver USB !  In desperation I've tried both ways although I pretty sure you have to wait for the software to install first.

Last time I installed I got a blank Install.log file.

Any ideas? Tech support doesn't answer.

laser633

Re: Lola locks up PC
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 12:12:12 PM »

Good Luck.  I too have problems with my install.log  Everytime I try to install Lola I get a "CXMediaObject failed with a retuen of -214746259" error.  It hapens during the media files scan.  Tech help told me to uninstall all X10 and try over.  I had to do a registry search to rid the computer of all artifacts and it still wont install.  I complained and they sent me a return autorization.  I don't want to give up.  I just want this thing to work.  I hope that you can figure out where the bug is.

Laser633

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 12:07:27 PM »

Say I bought one of these a while back but haven't gotten around to the installation, has anyone had any luck with this thing, Sure hope this thing works. Hopefully x10 wont release any more software until it's been bata tested like Microsoft does.

Tcj

6dean9

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 11:34:58 AM »

YES I TOO JUST INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE, AND WHEN THE REGISTRATION LINK POPS UP MY COMPUTER LOCKS UP. I HAVE TO MANUALLY SHUT THE COMPUTER DOWN TO RESTART IT.
WHO HAS THE ANSWER, CAUSE TECH SUPPORT DOES NOT HELP. :(

x10elder

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 07:32:02 PM »

Tech support is a joke.  They don't answer anything.  Lola is worthless, a waste of money

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 04:43:47 PM »

Has anyone gotten this thing installed correctly I actually won a free one but I don't want my system locked up trying to install this thing. Thanks!!

Tom j.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 02:39:44 PM »

I have gotten it to work It doesn't play nice if AHP is running (for me anyways)
There are other options to this software if you have a CM19A or Cm15A!
Check out the Third Party Add-Ons & Software section!
 X10 Windows Media Player Control will work as will PC Companion depending on what you wish to accomplish! :'

>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.