Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Selecting video preferences crashes AHP  (Read 5087 times)

Wetcoaster

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Selecting video preferences crashes AHP
« on: July 04, 2006, 05:17:23 PM »

The short story: Computer running AHP suffered a hard disk crash.  Simple enough, replace, reinstall XP, updates and then install AHP, iWitness, Smart Macros, and At Home.  Used to run fine except the known video recording problems.

Now: every time I select anything to do with video in Preferences AHP crashes, typical error message, wants to send report back to Microsoft.  Checking says it failed in AHP.dll (not with the computer right now so this is a best remember)

I have tried to re-install everything again.  On the third re-installation I added each plug-in one at a time and tested.  iWitness first, the prefs work, then smart Macros, still works.  But it fails when I add At Home.

Anyone else seen this, or have any suggestions.  Not being able to change prefs is making setting things back up a a pain in the (insert your selected portion of anatomy here)

Thanks

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Selecting video preferences crashes AHP
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 11:11:44 PM »

My suggestion would be first back up your .ahx files, then uninstall everything. Delete anything left in C:\Program Files/Active Home Pro and C:\Program Files/Common Files/X10.

Then reinstall AHP ONLY. DO NOT install any plug-ins yet. Once AHP is installed, recover your backed up .ahx files. Copy them to  C:\Program Files/Active Home Pro.

Make sure Windows sees the interface as a USB device.

Open your primary .ahx flle, upload it to the interface and make sure timers, etc. all work.

Then install add-ons, one at a time.  Test each one's function before you install another.

Good Luck.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Wetcoaster

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 11:35:42 PM »

I guess I needed to be a little more clear on the steps I've tried to fix this.

I have installed first AHP and then each plugin one at a time.  All works fine until I install myHouse.  With myHouse installed the devices and macro I have work fine.  I just cannot get to any of the video preferences.  When I select one I get the failure.

So to be useful for me to monitor things from outside home I need myHouse, but I can't set the video up the way I need..........

Any other ideas???

Thanks

Boris2007

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 06:58:22 PM »

I have the same problem!  4 times i re-installed it!  Last mt different problems! Got new program now this Dial-up >>>> to >>>All video programs crash when i go into them!  X10 get your act together!  Now that i see the program the second time, last mt, i was missing lots of the original program! Yes i had all the plug-ins! Now they seem to work till i got into preferences! Then i crash!

Getting real wet (Pissed off after 40 hours of dealing with interface and programs problems)

Here i though i bought something

aleis

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 09:53:29 PM »

if you havent found the fix for this use this.....
i just typed a long email describing how i fix it but i hit a button and couldnt undo. if you need more instructions leave a post :)

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/ActiveHome_Pro_Software_Crashes_After_Several_Minutes

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.