Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Socketrocket with CM11A  (Read 40624 times)

INeedSomeHelp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Socketrocket with CM11A
« on: July 06, 2006, 02:51:15 PM »

Will I be able to control socketrocket modules with CM11A interface? Thanks.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
Re: Socketrocket with CM11A
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 02:58:20 PM »

You should be able to controll it although you may not be able to set it up using the CM11. For setting up the socket rocket you will need a wired controller.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

INeedSomeHelp

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 03:10:27 PM »

Hey, Thanks for the quick reply. I have TM751 and lamp modules. Will I be able to program it with this? Or do I need seperate controller? Thanks again.

JimC

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 03:14:57 PM »

I believe that the instructions that come with the socket rocket state that a wired controller is needed.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

INeedSomeHelp

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 03:17:32 PM »

Yes. It says wired contraller. I'm new to this and not sure what controller I need to get. Is this controller used for anything else or just programming socketrocket? Thanks.

JimC

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 03:24:20 PM »

Check this link out
http://www.x10.com/automation/plugin_controllers.html

This is one example of what they are referring to. The controller for $12.00 can be used to turn modules on and off.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

INeedSomeHelp

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 03:32:01 PM »

Thanks. I will try that.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 09:39:58 PM »

...I have TM751 and lamp modules. Will I be able to program it with this? Or do I need seperate controller?

I believe that the instructions that come with the socket rocket state that a wired controller is needed.

I thought that I've done it with a PalmPad...  ???  [Try it - what do you have to lose? ;) ]
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

bravoland

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 01:11:38 PM »

yes i have set many up with a palm pad

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 06:53:36 PM »

...For setting up the socket rocket you will need a wired controller.
A wired controller is clearly the easiest way to program a socket rocket!!!

I have, however, heard of them being setup by pushing the button on a motion detector via a transceiving module. Really a pain in my opinion but possible in a pinch if there isn't a wired controller around.

Bottom line there may be more than one way to "skin the cat" but a wired controller is a cheap investment that will get used on a regular basis. Every X10 user should have at least 1 or 2 around the house.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

_m_k

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 01:18:10 PM »

In CM11A you set a screw rocket as an appliance module. Then you can set on and off with any control.

M.K.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 04:46:02 PM »

M.K. and INeedSomeHelp:
To program the Socket Rocket you have to send it three or more On signals in succession.  The problem with using the CM11A with the original ActiveHome software is that the switch icon is set up to look like an On/Off switch - you have to flip it Off before you can flip it On again.

It _might_ be possible to put the On signal in a macro and just execute the macro three times, however if ActiveHome pretends to be "smart" like ActiveHome Pro, it may figure it doesn't need to send another On when it _knows_ the switch is already On.

Using a PalmPad or other remote along with a TM751 or RR501 Transceiver will work.  The transceivers are "stupid" enough to do just what you tell them, not what _they_ think is better for you.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 12:49:06 PM »

FWIW

Call your corner Radio Shark and see if they have any  Catalog #: 61-3001  in store.

http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=plug%20n%20power&origkw=plug%20n%20power

They are the same as the X10 mini controller and Radio Shark is dumping them for $3.
I bought spares and keep them in the freezer for freshness  ;)

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

JimC

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 01:04:48 PM »

I think this should work with the CM11A but it has been a while since I have played with one.

The following is from the X10 knowledge base.

Programing Your Socket Rocket Without A Remote
From X10Wiki
[edit]Questions
How can I program my socket rocket without a remote?

[edit]Answer
If you purchased an ActiveHome Pro kit without a remote, you can still program your LM15A by initially defining it as a Chime Module. You will also need a small lamp.

Expand the Modules category in the Group Pane (left side of the screen) and click on the Other subcategory. Drag the SC546A Remote Chime (it receives only an On command, necessary to LM15A programming) to the top half of the screen. Select the House and Unit code you want your LM15A at, and hit OK.
Without the Socket Rocket installed, confirm that the lamp is turned on; then unplug it from the wall without turning it off. Remove the bulb, screw in the Socket Rocket, and screw the bulb back in.
Plug the lamp into an outlet next to the ActiveHome Pro Computer Interface. Immediately start clicking repeatedly on the Remote Chime icon. Continue clicking until the lamp comes on or thirty seconds have passed.
Right-click on the Remote Chime and select Edit Module. Change the Type of Module to Lamps, then change Module to Socket Rocket and click OK.
Retrieved from "http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Programing_Your_Socket_Rocket_Without_A_Remote"
_ _ ...  ..._ _

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 01:37:28 PM »

...If you purchased an ActiveHome Pro kit without a remote, you can still program your LM15A by initially defining it as a Chime Module....
Clever way around the ON/OFF switch problem.
If you need to program several Socket Rockets, go ahead and set them all up as Socket Rockets if you have that option or just appliance modules if the CM11A doesn't include Socket Rockets. (I don't remember.)
Then build a chime module for programming them.
e.g. Say you have 3 Socket Rockets on HC/UCs "B1", "B2" and "B3". After setting each up a Socket Rockets in the program, use a chime module, per the above instructions, changing it's code from "B1" to "B2" and "B3".
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.