Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wacko Website  (Read 12481 times)

amrcc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Wacko Website
« on: July 08, 2006, 04:20:19 PM »

My rants about customer service and deals that arn't deals are in Deal and News Alerts Catagory.... http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=9237.0

Note to CEO: I would have purchased X10 stuff long ago had this been a legit looking site and X10s reputation not been that of a SPAMing, PopUp loving, wacko ading freak show.  Every popup/ad/spam blocker that exists almost totally blocks everything in your e-mails/on your website/etc.
If you would just take your site down a notch and make it -maybe a bit professional-, I'm sure your customer base would be your main sales force.  The way I ended up here about a month ago is that my friend said "X10 stuff works, you just have to put up with thier crappy customer service and freaky website".

Geezz, even keep this crappy site and make another more professional one for the 90% of your customer base you are missing now because they are afraid of your reputatoin and can't get here cause just about everything you do is blocked by something out there.
you could call it:  www.x10Normal.com or X10Professional.com or X10NotDesignedByAFreak.com

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
Re: Wacko Website
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 11:15:57 AM »

Marko is a new web designer for X10.
He has been doing a very nice job. Very clean.
One can only hope that the powers that be; Give him free reign and let him re-design EVERYTHING. Getting rid of all those annoying pop-ups, the same ads on any number of pages etc. etc. etc.....In other words, PUT A NEW FACE ON X10. Re-design from the bottom up.
Another major issue is their support. You may well ask. What support ?
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 05:15:21 PM »

Marko is a new web designer for X10.
He has been doing a very nice job. Very clean.
One can only hope that the powers that be; Give him free reign and let him re-design EVERYTHING. Getting rid of all those annoying pop-ups, the same ads on any number of pages etc. etc. etc.....In other words, PUT A NEW FACE ON X10. Re-design from the bottom up....
Ditto!
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 12:52:30 PM »

I like the "X10NotDesignedByAFreak.com idea". My suggestion might be "BimbosDoNotSell.com"
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 12:16:49 AM »

Possible keep what's there already. Then when you buy something. "Become a Customer" not just a "Lookie Lou" you would get an e-mail that gives you the web address for the customers only website, which would be professional and free of all the cheesy crap.
www.x10nobs.com would be a good one.
Jim

OK, how many of you clicked on the link ? Ha Ha Ha
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 12:18:27 AM by Otis69 »
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.