Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ahcmd does nothing...  (Read 62990 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: ahcmd does nothing...
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 03:51:52 PM »

Is there allready a solution. Because i've got the same problem  >*<
??? the same problem! what interface are you using? ahcmd was only designed to work with the CM15A an CM19A and these units must be plugged into the PC! No one has confirmed if it will work with the European versions of these although it should! :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

kefin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 04:40:26 PM »

I've got the CMA15 Pro but the executable does do anything. It is really strange and i can't find a solution.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 05:55:41 PM »

I've got the CMA15 Pro but the executable does do anything. It is really strange and i can't find a solution.

As you are from the Netherlands, and using a non-USA version of AHP, this might help.  I know it has helped people having problems with getting my BVC software to recognize a CM15 Pro that they bought from Marmitek.  Check out the file at: http://www.marmitek.com/nl/software/ahsdk_install.zip

Best I can offer so far.

Please let me know if that works for you or not!

Good luck!

>!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 06:05:05 PM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

hkactive

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 04:26:34 PM »

I got the protocol you posted and it looks like it is fairly easy to implement.

Now is there anyone who has a C#, VB.NET, VB6 sample lying arround which they could share?
I would highly appreciate that, so I don't have to go through the process of creating it all from the bottom up.

A very simple sample would be enough.

Wrote an ActiveX Control in VB6 using the SDK for the CM11. Took me about 3 months to get it working smoothly. Not working continuously ::)

There's really nothing simple about it. But the bulk of your programming will be done in dealing with events in the Communication's Port On Comm event. Working with binary code from the SDK is kind of abstract and takes patience and persistence.

If you want to mess with it, here's a few hints.
1. set the InputMode to Binary: comInputModeBinary
2. The SThreshhold to 1
and
3. the Settings property to 4800,n,8,1

As far as the European CM11G, it works fine with the same code used for the CM11A. And they're right those commands (ahcmd.exe, etc.) are for the CM15A. The CM11X is a different ballgame.

That CM15 Pro found on Marmitek Pro's website is really a European Version of the CM11. Read their description!
CM15Pro Programmable Computer Interface incl. ActiveHomePro Software
   MORE INFO

* This is the Pro-version of the CM11.

Hank

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 04:35:22 PM by hkactive »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 10:40:03 AM »

hkactive   so are your saying the AHP software available at the Marmitek Pro's website  will work with the CM11?
If so have you confirmed this? That would be good news for a lot of CM11 users!
The CM15A is the Pro Version of the CM11A but they can't use the same software and don't use the same protocol!
X10 USA hasn't added support to their version of AHP! :(

>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hkactive

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 01:52:25 PM »

hkactive    so are your saying the AHP software available at the Marmitek Pro's website  will work with the CM11?
If so have you confirmed this? That would be good news for a lot of CM11 users!

I would say so. But I haven't tried to confirm it. But in my experience in dealing with European Customers, their CM11E or CM11X works fine with our software originally developed, of course, in the US using 110V on the CM11A. Apparently, the voltage difference doesn't mandate a difference in the code going to the computer module. I'll see if I can't download it and see what happens. It's probably an older version of Active Home, though.

Hank

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 02:09:53 PM »

Do test run it!
I can confirm it is AHP software and the CM15A works with it! 
It comes preloaded with the Smartmacro plug-in And being free makes it easy for one to try! ;)
Maybe Marmitek just added code to make it Cm11 compatible as well as added European modules!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hkactive

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 02:24:56 PM »

It does work, like you say, on the CM15A and it is the up to date version. Maybe it would work on the CM11A if a serial to USB converter were used. The program is waiting for the detection of a computer module on the USB port, not serial. I don't have a converter though. But I'm guessing it's waiting for an ID from the module. And the module is going to say that it is a CM11. And the program won't run on the CM11. Maybe not.

I don't think that CM15pro is a CM11. It's just a regular CM15 made for European voltage. Usually, they add an E for Europe. The website maintainer, apparently, thinks it's an updated CM11. Which, I guess wouldn't be all that inaccurate. But I think it's just a regular CM15. It has the antennae. It just has the adaptations for the different voltage requirements. That's probably why they call it a CM15.

Hank

« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 05:07:15 PM by hkactive »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 11:31:14 AM »

Just some more info from jomo1234 who tested the CM11 with AHP european version!
Tuicemen thanks, tried that but AHP won't pick up the CM11 thro' the USB serial connection, keeps denying it, and can't see a way to program it to recognise the existing connection from the setup.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hkactive

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 05:34:35 PM »

AHP won't pick up the CM11 thro' the USB serial connection, keeps denying it, and can't see a way to program it to recognise the existing connection from the setup.

Well, it was worth a shot. But it does confirm that that Marmitek CM15Pro is an actual CM15, not a CM11 using a USB connection. And it does cement for me that the hardware is essentially the same on European and American modules. The only changes being that of the necessary hardware to conform to the locale's voltage.

So essentially, anything programmed for the CM11A or the CM15A (A as in American) should work for their European counterparts.

And it is good to know that a CM15 is available for sale in Europe. Kudos to kefin for that information.  >!

Hank
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:36:54 PM by hkactive »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 05:52:07 PM »

I believe the European RF frequency is also different than what is used here. 433.92 MHz while US and Canada is 310 MHz.

admeeral

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 10:57:12 AM »

One possibility:-

ahcmd.exe is an executive which sends commands to ahscript.dll which in turn interact with CM15A through x10net.dll.
So all of these should be available for ahcmd to work.

The cpp version of the source code for ahcmd is available in the samples of the SDK.   I actually borrowed this code and
embedded it into my home automation program.  It works for all the documented commands.

Early versions of x10net.dll had bugs in them but these have been resolved in later versions (build 236)

Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.