Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Which Switch??  (Read 2330 times)

mlumb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Which Switch??
« on: July 12, 2006, 04:20:59 PM »

I have a switch that powers ALL (there are currently 4) Florescent lights in my basement.  I would like to know what switch I need to get to replace the current switch so I can set it up for automation.  I figure there is too much draw for just a normal X10 switch.  Any Ideas? 

Thanks
Michael

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Which Switch??
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 04:39:24 PM »

Do you know the total wattage of the lights? Fluorescent lamps need a non dimming switch. X10 makes a Decorator type WS13A and X10Pro makes an XPS3-I version of the switch. X10Pro also makes a module that can go inside the fixture to control it. An XPFM is its model number. Note all three have to have a Neutral Power Wire in the switch box. Unlike the two wire dimmers that only need the hot and load wires.
I can look ate specifications and give you more data if you know the wattage of all the lamps.

mlumb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Which Switch??
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 08:47:10 PM »

I don't know exactly, but each bulb is 11w which equals 88w for all of the bulbs, plus 1 regular incandecent bulb 75w.  Plus the balasts for the florescents ... which I don't know how much they tale up.  I think the WS13A switch will do the trick since it can handle up to 2400 watts, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks for the response

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.