Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A ActiveHomePro NEWBIE question??  (Read 3097 times)

sk00ter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A ActiveHomePro NEWBIE question??
« on: July 18, 2006, 08:48:27 AM »

Hello,

Trying to ingest all the x10 information.  I have a question if someone would be so kind as to reply.

Currently I am using appliance and lamp modules with a mini-timer to control them.  If I purchased a CM15A ActiveHomePro system can I control and program these modules with it and remove the mini-timer?  That is, the CM15A interface replaces the mini-timer?

From what I understand, the CM15A has an interface that plugs into the wall.  You can control/program this interface via its USB cable and software.  The information is downloaded into the plugged in interface.  There is no need to have your computer ON in order for the interface to control the modules.
All the events etc are stored in the interface as was the case with the mini-timer.  The only time you need to use your computer and software is for changing settings/events in the interface then re-download them to the interface.  Is this correct?

Thanks for reading my post

Sk00ter

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: CM15A ActiveHomePro NEWBIE question??
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 09:15:08 AM »

...If I purchased a CM15A ActiveHomePro system can I control and program these modules with it and remove the mini-timer?  That is, the CM15A interface replaces the mini-timer?...

Yes AHP can do everything that the mini-timer can do but there is no need to get rid of the mini-timer. You can use the mini-timer with the CM15A. e.g. Keep the mini-timer by your bedside and use it to set a wakeup time when you roll over in bed at 1:00 am and realize you need to be up earlier than normal. No need to get out of bed to enter a time in the computer that will only be used once. - I have a wake macro that wakes me a bit more gently by turning on my lights and radio over a period of 5 minutes. Sometime I use my timer (I have an older one than the mini-timer.) to trigger the macro.

...There is no need to have your computer ON in order for the interface to control the modules....
Yes once you've downloaded to the CM15A, it can operate on it's own. There are a few special features that require the computer to be on but the basic timers, macros and conditionals don't require it.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

sk00ter

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 07:53:20 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to reply steven_r.  I appreciate it sir.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 09:39:14 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to reply...
No problem. I've had a lot of "free time" the last few months and I find myself checking this board a lot. Always glad to help when I can.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.