Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lights not very Enlightening  (Read 4511 times)

Codman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Lights not very Enlightening
« on: July 22, 2006, 01:43:19 PM »

Why me?  I moved into a century home that was previously fully equipped with x10 technology.  However, the previous owner left with all x10 devices. The only item left was a 3 light wall switch that controls the lighting for my patio, driveway and utility pole, none of which will respond to the switch commands.  I don't have a clue how to rectify the problem.  I am able to turn the lights by using the address box but the only one that stays on is the driveway.  The system worked the first couple of years after moving in but has not worked properly in the past 2 years.  If anyone can shed a light on this issue, pardon the pun, I would be very enlightened to hear from you.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Lights not very Enlightening
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 02:39:11 PM »

...If anyone can shed a light on this issue, pardon the pun, I would be very enlightened to hear from you.
Don't worry about the pun. I've been known to torture my kids with a few.

Here are the steps I suggest you take.
  • Make a list of every X10 product that you have. What X10 products have you added in addition to 3 light wall switch that was left?
  • Make a list of what is and isn't working now. If you can remember when things stopped working, it could help.
  • Make a list of any new appliances that you've added. e.g. The wide screen plasma TV, etc.  ;)
  • Try unplugging any possible line noise makers. A lot of times when things stop working it's because of noise.

BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: Lights not very Enlightening
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 05:08:32 PM »

...The system worked the first couple of years after moving in but has not worked properly in the past 2 years...

Read and troubleshoot (*YOU* are actually the only person who can figure out what your problem(s) is/are):

Then, if still necessary ;) , come back with more detailed questions.

Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.