Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I'm getting there, with your help :)  (Read 5678 times)

Jim 31452

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
I'm getting there, with your help :)
« on: June 04, 2006, 05:28:15 PM »

Again, thanks for all the past posts, very helpful.

My new question:
I'm using AH upstairs, a transceiver down stairs,  several lamp modules and some very basic timing on all the lamps... on at 6:00 PM and off at 11:00 PM - all is well.

Occasionally I have the need to turn on some of those lamps using remote HR12A, (regardless of the timer settings) and the lamps will turn on, which is great, but they will NOT turn off later that evening when the timer says they should turn off. Then, after running all night, they will eventually cycle back through the next day back into the correct on-off times programmed.

I'd like to think that by using a remote to turn on a few lamps a bit earlier than the set timer, they would STILL turn off at the timed setting. Or am I off base and once you turn on a lamp, it stays on?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: I'm getting there, with your help :)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 06:12:47 PM »

Your timers/ macros shouldn't be effected by an early start. Unless modules aren't correctly specified in AHP or you have conditions in your macros which state if light off then run.
This would work how ever if you had two way modules or AHP was running when you turned on you light early.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Jim 31452

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 01:55:12 AM »

Well, as far as I know, everything is correctly specified in AHP... each room has lamp mods with correct settings, none of which are duplicated... I'm using A 1 through A 8 and I'm not using any macros.

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 01:09:16 AM »

What type of module are you using to control these lamps?  Which type of light bulbs are you using in your lamps.  I have a timer set up for my outside lights, I am using compact flourescent bulbs, and they always turn on, but they do not always shut off, because of the interferance caused by the bulbs themselves.  I can usually manually shut them off by using a remote and sending the single a couple of times.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 01:38:11 PM »

..I am using compact flourescent bulbs, and they always turn on, but they do not always shut off, because of the interferance caused by the bulbs themselves....
As you've found out from your own personal experience, as well the experience of others here, CFLs can have problems working with the X10 signal. In addition to adding noise to the line, they don't allow a good signal flow through them. Some have had good luck using them in Socket Rockets. I also believe a neutral wire switch has better chance of working than the 2 wire ones. Do not try to dim them.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 03:54:16 PM »

Actually not all CFLs are noisy and cause problems.If one finds a noisy CFL try a different brand ! My home is 90% running CFLs and I have no problem with Noise from then Yet ;) :D ;D
I've heard they make dimable CFLs but I've yet to find any (my power company says CFLs are dimable, but they don't say which brand they based this on!)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 04:06:50 PM »

...I've heard they make dimable CFLs but I've yet to find any...
I found this interesting site near the top of my Google search.

From the same site this one is a 15W bulb with a 60W equivalent output of light. I also liked that the description said it was "Electronic State of the Art Non Flickering Instant On". This might make it work better with X10.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 04:24:51 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 04:29:21 PM »

I've heard Phillips makes them too But I can't find them in my area Maybe I'm not looking hard enough! (I only dim 1 light in the house and a CFL won't fit in that fixture anyways) ;) :D ;D
Has anyone tried these dimables and do they work with X10 or just to noisy? ??? ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.