Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: cmdhst.xx log file format  (Read 47538 times)

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: cmdhst.xx log file format
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 07:38:15 AM »

...there was nothing in the text file it created that was useful, just line after line of 1/01 0000.

That looks like what ActiveHome [Original] puts in the Communications Log when it's full.

Did you try resetting the log?
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

dlflannery

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Activity Monitor
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 01:34:06 PM »

Sorry for the simplistic question but I would like to know the basics of how the activity log works when disconnected from the AHP program/computer.  Does the 15 interface store the last so-many events, or the last so many minutes/hours of events or what?  I set up a timed macro last night to trigger this morning (about 7 hours later) and then shut down the program and the computer.  The macro triggered and did what it was supposed to do at the correct time -- BUT the activity monitor showed nothing anywhere near that time when I started up AHP and viewed it???

I have searched everywhere I can think of for just a basic description of the activity log functions, limitations and settings.  Have found nothing.  Where should I be looking?

Thanks,
Dave

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 11:15:30 AM »

It appears that the CM15A remembers the last eight events it handled while the USB cable was disconnected from your PC or your PC was turned off.  These are put into your Activity Log when you reconnect the USB cable or power up your PC.  The problem is that regardless of when they occurred they are time and date stamped with the date and time of the reconnection.  This is what I'm seeing in my installation.  Others may be getting a different result.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 03:59:41 PM by Oldtimer »
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

dlflannery

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Activity History basics
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 02:36:55 PM »

It appears that the CM15A remembers the last eight events it handled while it was disconnected from your PC or your PC was turned off.  These are put into your Activity Log when you reconnect or power up your PC.  The problem is that regardless of when they occurred they are time and date stamped with the date and time of the reconnection.  This is what I'm seeing in my installation.  Others may be getting a different result.
Thanks Oldtimer,
After my post on this I was told by X10 technical support that events that occur when the computer is running (even if AHP is NOT running) are logged.  I've done a few experiments that seem to verify this.   I believe this behavior requires that a "service" be running whenever you boot up, and indeed there is an X10 service listed in my list of services (Windows XP).  In fact I have twice had messages when I shut down my computer that this service created a memory access error. ???
Dave

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 03:20:01 PM »

Tried it under WinXP and there was nothing in the text file it created that was useful, just line after line of 1/01 0000.  So after posting this, I will delete the file.
Dan, TTA is probly right!
That looks like what ActiveHome [Original] puts in the Communications Log when it's full.

Did you try resetting the log?

I just tested this And it does work!

Heres what my (Small) log displayed using notepad! and using wordpad
Note: wordpad is cleaner!as Oldtimer reported
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 03:27:35 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.