Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New to x10, question about audible noise from transeiver  (Read 11593 times)

cybertron

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
New to x10, question about audible noise from transeiver
« on: August 09, 2006, 02:41:42 AM »

I bought a remote, transeiver, and lamp modules for like $15 like a year ago when there was this special going on. I've had it for some time and I love it! I'm in a wheelchair, so after I get in bed, i'm able to turn the lights out and it is just the most awesome thing ever! My question is this... Every time I turn the lamp on or off, the transeiver makes a loud bang noise as if its flipping a large relay or something. I have found that I can avoid this noise if I turn the lamp on with the dimmer and off with the off button. I want to get a second unit(appliance one) for my fan also, but I'm just wondering how I can get rid of this noise since I wont be able to use the dimmer on both modules. I think the dimmer only works for the button last pushed, so lets say I just turned on modules#2, hitting the dimmer would dim #2, not #1 until I hit the on/off switch for #1 right?

Anyway, i do have some reading to do, but I have yet to come across anyone asking about that loud pop or bang noise I hear.

Thanks in advance.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
Re: New to x10, question about audible noise from transeiver
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 09:53:14 AM »

That loud bang is when the relay in your transceiver switches.  The transceiver defaults to unit 1, but some can also be switched to unit 9.  Just set the devices you want to control to other unit codes, and access them individually so you don't toggle the relay in the transceiver.  The appliance module for your fan will also make a click, but it isn't as loud as the transceiver.
X-10 automation since the BSR days

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.