Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Monitor Plus Zone Indicators In Run 2 Mode  (Read 15288 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Monitor Plus Zone Indicators In Run 2 Mode
« on: September 21, 2006, 02:42:15 AM »

Hi guys just received my Monitor Plus, x10 gave it to me in exchange for the Pro 2000 I bought because Orca said they could not monitor the 2000. Decided to go ahead and get the monitoring until I finish my DSC system I found a company that will do the monitoring for the DSC for only 8.95 a month but it's going to take a few months before it's completed so because I'll be going out of town quite a bit over the next few months I decided to go ahead and pay the 20 bucks a month for a while, no long term contracts is a plus. One thing I've noticed is that in the run 2 mode that the unit chimes but doesn't indicate the zone I was under the impression that the actual zone would light up is this one defective or is this just a oversight on x10's part?

Tcj

tom j

Re: Monitor Plus Zone Indicators In Run 2 Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 10:46:27 PM »

One thing I noticed that I like about the Monitor Plus is that it uses non volatile memory (EEPROM) so if you lose power it remembers all your installed sensors and central station phone numbers so you don't have to reprogram them. If you pull the plug while in the install mode and plug with no backup battery installed and then plug it back in all the zone lights will still be there. So if you want to clear them permanently you have to hold down Panic, Arm Home and Arm Away at the same time and that clears the memory.

Tcj
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 06:24:30 PM by tom j »

tom j

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 02:24:34 AM »

Something I just noticed was that when walking into the room where the Monitor Plus is located that although it's in the run two mode it sometimes doesn't chime I see the little light on the motion detector blink but it doesn't appear to process the signal the motion detector is just a few feet away so I was concerned that if the motion detector actually picked up someone if it would process the signal. Called Orca concerning this and guess what the guy that answered the phone told me first of all he seemed very rude and said I need to increase the sensitivity of the motion detector by moving it to mode 1 from mode 2 the most sensitive as thought the sensitivity has something to do with the strenght of the signal I guess?? Am I missing something or is this guy in the wrong line of work you tell me but I think the unit might be defective so I guess I'll have to return it for another one, hoping I don't have to go through the same thing I did with the ds7000 had to send that console back 3 or 4 times before I got one that worked and yet I keep buying this stuff must just be a gluten for punishment.  :-

Tcj
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 02:27:44 AM by tom j »

tom j

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 10:44:20 AM »

Say just talked to Orca again and they once again said that in the mode2 that the motion detectors has to send multiple signals before the console will act on it. It was my understanding that the sensitivity switch tells the motion detector how many movements are required before the sensor will send the signal out to the console, they're saying that the motion detectors send out two different commands to the console one in the high setting one in the low. This can't be right they say it works the same way on the ds7000, is this true? I think they are just making this stuff up as they go along. I don't believe it. I think they are just making this stuff up as they go along!   :o

Tcj
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 06:43:54 PM by tom j »

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 03:32:18 PM »

Hi guys just received my Monitor Plus, x10 gave it to me in exchange for the Pro 2000 I bought because Orca said they could not monitor the 2000...

I'm almost done reading the Monitor Plus Security System (New) Owner's Manual - dc8700p

and the instructions for your console sound pretty much the same as those for the Pro 2000 that I read a few weeks back.

What's the difference (if Orca couldn't monitor the Pro 2000 but can monitor this one)?
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 03:34:30 PM »

One thing I noticed that I like about the Monitor Plus is that it uses non volatile memory (EEPROM) so if you lose power it remembers all your installed sensors and central station phone numbers so you don't have to reprogram them...

That's a good idea I wish the old models had! [Have to remember to keep a good 9V battery in mine!]

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 03:42:39 PM »

Something I just noticed was that when walking into the room where the Monitor Plus is located that although it's in the run two mode it sometimes doesn't chime I see the little light on the motion detector blink...

Only Door/Window Sensors chime in RUN2 Mode.

...but it doesn't appear to process the signal the motion detector is just a few feet away so I was concerned that if the motion detector actually picked up someone if it would process the signal...

...said I need to increase the sensitivity of the motion detector by moving it to mode 1 from mode 2 the most sensitive as thought the sensitivity has something to do with the strenght of the signal I guess??

If the red ZONE LED lights, it's working.

Mode 1 vs Mode 2 on the MS10A sets the COUNT of motions detected before a signal is sent to the console (1 vs 2). AFAIK, the signal strength is independent and fixed.

HINT:   RTFM!  ;)

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 03:46:36 PM »

...they once again said that in the mode2 that the motion detectors has to send multiple signals before the console will act on it. It was my understanding that the sensitivity switch tells the motion detector how many movements are required before the sensor will send the signal out to the console, they're saying that the motion detectors send out two different commands to the console one in the high setting one in the low...

Not to my knowledge (I agree with you - the GREEN statement).

tom j

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 11:35:32 PM »

...they once again said that in the mode2 that the motion detectors has to send multiple signals before the console will act on it. It was my understanding that the sensitivity switch tells the motion detector how many movements are required before the sensor will send the signal out to the console, they're saying that the motion detectors send out two different commands to the console one in the high setting one in the low...

Not to my knowledge (I agree with you - the GREEN statement).

Mr.TakeTheActiveThanks!! you're the man  ;D but I swear to God the one I have does chime Monitor Plus with my Pro motion sensors ( I don't know if that makes a difference) but on the other hand my DS7000 console does not chime when Motion sensors are activated only the door window. Say one other thing what would happen if you happened to walk in the room when the sensor was checking in would you still get that 45 second lockout before it could transmit again?? and lastly in the run 2 mode when a door/window sensor checks in does the console chime? this is very important. Thanks!!!

Tcj

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 11:45:17 PM »

Mr.TakeTheActiveThanks!! you're the man  ;D

Are you saying that my information was "Helpful"?  ;) [Hint, Hint, Hint... - Geez some of these folks need SOOO many hints!  ::) ]

...but I swear to God the one I have does chime Monitor Plus with my Pro motion sensors...

Not supposed to, at least according to the manual...  ???

...Say one other thing what would happen if you happened to walk in the room when the sensor was checking in would you still get that 45 second lockout before it could transmit again?? and lastly in the run 2 mode when a door/window sensor checks in does the console chime? this is very important. Thanks!!!

Did you read my earlier (Reply #6) HINT? :o ::)

:)

tom j

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 07:16:01 PM »

Mr.TakeTheActiveThanks!! you're the man  ;D

Are you saying that my information was "Helpful"?  ;) [Hint, Hint, Hint... - Geez some of these folks need SOOO many hints!  ::) ]

...but I swear to God the one I have does chime Monitor Plus with my Pro motion sensors...

Not supposed to, at least according to the manual...  ???

...Say one other thing what would happen if you happened to walk in the room when the sensor was checking in would you still get that 45 second lockout before it could transmit again?? and lastly in the run 2 mode when a door/window sensor checks in does the console chime? this is very important. Thanks!!!

Did you read my earlier (Reply #6) HINT? :o ::)

:)

Opps let me check ::)

Tcj

tom j

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 07:22:49 PM »

Say I know it chimes when you open the circuit I was asking when it checks in I think they check in every 4 hours or so, does the console chime if it's in the run 2 mode. Thanks

Tcj

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 07:30:14 PM »

Say I know it chimes when you open the circuit...

My Motion Detectors don't cause a CHIME when we walk past them and the console is in RUN2 Mode.

...I was asking when it checks in I think they check in every 4 hours or so,

IIRC, it's every 90 minutes that they "attempt" to check in and at the 4 hour point the LED starts the "Slow Blink" to let you know there's a problem...

...does the console chime if it's in the run 2 mode.

Nothing I own CHIMES during check in.  Door/Window Sensors CHIME all day long. ;)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 06:57:01 AM »

I naive saw one chime; the console at the regular check in. I would think that would be very irritating at night or anytime on a regular basis. ::)

tom j

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 01:09:15 AM »

I naive saw one chime; the console at the regular check in. I would think that would be very irritating at night or anytime on a regular basis. ::)

Tech support just got back and nope there's no chime when any of the detectors check in while in run 2. Here's what I was trying to figure out going out of town could be gone on business (and pleasure)  8)  ;) for possibly 4 weeks so I've really been trying to check this thing out. Probably walked passed it 150 times and yes at least mine does chime in the run 2 mode like I said my ds7000 console doen't chime with my pro motion sensors PMS01's but my Monitor Plus console does I'm using pro motion sensors if this makes any difference but I tell ya the console really chimes I'm not making this up. When it comes to security I get real serious. But anyway a couple times when I walked in the room maybe twice over a couple of weeks I would see the motion sensor blink but no chime hummmm thought well maybe this thing is defective so I requested an RMA and said I wasn't taking any chances with this thing cause I'm going to be at some point 1,500 miles away so this thing gots to work. But then I thought well maybe just maybe as I was walking into the room the sensor was checking in so although it blinked it wasen't blinking in response to my presence but just checking into the console you think  ???. I haven't been able to duplicate this again walk in the room the sensor blink and the console not chime so whata you think could that have possibly been what happen don't want to send this one back if there's noting actually wrong with it might get one that's really screwed up.
Tcj
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 12:17:01 PM by tom j »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.