Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Does "Clear Interface Memory" Also "Purge Delayed Macro Events"?  (Read 4006 times)

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Does "Clear Interface Memory" Also "Purge Delayed Macro Events"?
« on: September 14, 2006, 03:37:20 PM »

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!
Well, at least *I* do! :)

From my "technical" perspective, it appears that it should - but we all know what they tell you happens when you ASSUME...
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
Re: Does "Clear Interface Memory" Also "Purge Delayed Macro Events"?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 05:14:23 PM »

I can't prove it either but its always been my understanding that memory clear also clears out dangling macros.  You could test it by starting a macro with a delay in it and while it's in the delay pahse do a clear memory and then wait and see if the macro finishes.  Needless to say you shouldn't reload the CM15A until you've finished the test.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 05:44:24 PM »

You could test it by starting a macro with a delay in it and while it's in the delay pahse do a clear memory and then wait and see if the macro finishes.

I did, and it did - but, in regards to the CM15A and AHP, just because it works on MY setup is no guarantee that it will work on YOURS.  :D

For example, I have the "1 Second Delay" (actually 5) after my DIM commands (currently only after the 3rd of 3) just before I send an OFF to an appliance module and I'm still getting a "selective" ALL_LIGHTS_ON that I don't want.

By selective I mean it's limited to WS467 wall switches and LM465 lamp modules and doesn't affect LM15As or PR511s. For a short time there, I had it limited to just a "Phantom C5" WS467 and the lights at C5 were even DIMMING. Of course, there's no C5 command in the macro through...  >:(  If I get energetic, I may temporarily hook up a SL575 onto HC 'C' and see what happens.  :-\

If you read through the "Work-In-Progress" NOTEs I'm putting together as I read the AHP Software Problems & Bugs archives, you'll see references to these exact BUGs...  :-[

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 12:18:11 AM »

...For a short time there, I had it limited to just a "Phantom C5" WS467 and the lights at C5 were even DIMMING. Of course, there's no C5 command in the macro through...
For what it's worth, "C5 ON" was the phantom command I was getting also till I added a 1 sec delay after my dim commands.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 12:21:36 AM »

For what it's worth, "C5 ON" was the phantom command I was getting also till I added a 1 sec delay after my dim commands.

I know!!!  ;D

Have you read my 2 new AHP Software... theads in AHP Software Problems & Bugs?

There's a LINK to where you said it, long, long ago... ;)

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 07:15:43 AM »

Does "Clear Interface Memory" Also "Purge Delayed Macro Events"? 

I assume that by "clearing interface memory" you are referring to selecting this option from the menu. 

There are times where my interface stops executing certain macros when triggered. Clearing the memory using the menu option does not allways remedy the problem but unplugging the interface and removing the batteries always seems to get things working correctly again. This was a well known problem with the CM15A when it first came out. The problem was so bad that X10 replaced many of the original units. I received a replacement CM15A, without requesting it,  several months after I purchased the original. The problem still croups up from time to time but no way as often as it did with the old units. ;)
_ _ ...  ..._ _

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 11:43:48 AM »

UPDATE:

After several *FULL* days of working with the CM15A and ActiveHome Pro v3.204, I've come up with the following sequence for ATTEMPTING to correct a misbehaving macro:

• 1 - "Purge Delayed Macro Events"
  • 2 - "Clear Interface Memory"
  • 3 - "RESET Interface Memory"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.