Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: unit code on the DS7000  (Read 10552 times)

mathman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
unit code on the DS7000
« on: April 23, 2006, 12:24:08 PM »

On the DS7000 Security system,  Why is there a unit code on the console?    What has to be set the same as this unit code?

keith

mleger

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: unit code on the DS7000
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 03:46:48 PM »

Hi ... not sure if you got a reply on this yet ... from what I could figure out, by setting the unit code on the DS7000, it allows to trigger the "security light" on the Remote Control (Model SH624) to activate the module you have set accordingly.   So ... on the remote control, you have access to 5 modules: units 1-4 and a selected module as noted on the Security console ... in my case I selected "6" to turn on "A6" wall switch when I press the "Security Light" on the Remote Control.    Refer to owners manual "Page 7".

If you are aware of other uses for the unit code on the DS7000, please let me know, as I'm trying to figure out the relationship between AHP (Active Home Professional) selecting module "DS7000" and then trying to figure out what I set as the house/unit code and how I could use this further.   

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 10:15:22 AM »

Yes the Unit and House Codes are for the Security Light or any other module on the same address.
Not sure how much AHP can do with the DS7000. It has been awhile since I used AHP and things may have changed. When I was using it the DS7000 could not be controlled or anything like that.

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 12:27:38 PM »

I don't use AHP software, I use Indigo for Mac, which doesn't make any difference where this is concerned.

Let's say you have your DS7000 set to house code B then (1) any light modules/switches that are set to house code B will turn on and flash when an alarm is triggered. (2) Your Keychain security remote will Arm/Disarm and all lights on & off (3) Your security & automation remote SH624 can also control 4 lights/modules separately. (4) You can control those same things/lights with a remote such as the Palm Pad set to the the same house code.

AND you can use your software to control all of it.
Your software through it's interface communicates to the switches/modules with power line signals and without going through the DS7000.
As far as I know the DS7000 only receives RF signals.*

Most people that I know of uses different house codes for Security and Automation although you can use just one if you wished to.

Note: You can have more that 1 light/module set to the same house and unit codes. eg: 2 lamps on A3 when a signal is sent to A3 both lamps will light/go off.
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 01:01:18 PM »

My point was the AHP can't control the DS7000 directly as far as I know or use the security sensore to do things. Talk of new plugins maybe changing things for all I know.

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 10:12:40 AM »

My point was the AHP can't control the DS7000 directly as far as I know or use the security sensore to do things. Talk of new plugins maybe changing things for all I know.
:) I was attempting to re-enforce what you said. That the software can't control the DS7000 directly. RF -V- power line.
But that the software could control lights/modules that are set to the same house code as the DS7000.

Hope I didn't confuse things.
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.