Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ActiveHome Pro won't work with 3-way and decotraor switches  (Read 3135 times)

Mike-X10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ActiveHome Pro won't work with 3-way and decotraor switches
« on: August 13, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »

My new ActiveHome Pro controls the standard, simple Levitron wall switches fine.  But it refuses to control 3-way or "decorator" style switches at all.  Any ideas?  I tried all the "obvious" stuff...

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: ActiveHome Pro won't work with 3-way and decotraor switches
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 03:27:02 PM »

What model 3-way switches. X10 X10Pro Leviton or another brand?
Do you have any other X10 controllers or remotes that you can try to see if they control them. There is a chance all the 3-ways are on the other phase of the home and the X10 signals have a probelm getting to them. Also any computers or electronic gadgets maybe in the same room or on the same circuits as the 3-way switches. If so you may want to selectively unplug things to see if the problem changes. If so you have a signal sucker or a noise generator. Than a X10 filter on the offending device maybe needed.

Mike-X10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 08:17:02 PM »

I can control everything with an MT10A unit, but not the 3-ways or decorators with the PowerHouse software...weird...

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 12:08:44 PM »

Try plugging MT10A into same outlet as the CM15A AHP controller and see if MT10A can control the wall switches in question. If still no control, Brian H probably nailed it as a phase problem. Do a search for "phase" and you should find answers.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.