Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multiple ActiveEyes/EaglesEyes on same code?  (Read 3217 times)

ultradianguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Multiple ActiveEyes/EaglesEyes on same code?
« on: August 14, 2006, 12:13:46 PM »

Hi - I have three EagleEye Motion detectors scattered around my driveway and back door, all set to send the same code, to turn on flood lights.  Is there any problem with this?  If they are triggered simultaneously, will the codes interfere with each other?

Thanks,
Michael

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Multiple ActiveEyes/EaglesEyes on same code?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 04:46:59 PM »

Maybe depends on the exact placement of them and the transceiver.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 11:32:06 PM »

I have three EagleEye Motion detectors... ...If they are triggered simultaneously, will the codes interfere with each other?

Yes.

AFAIK, there is no Collision Detection for RF Transmitters (since, except for the CM15A, none of them have RF Receivers), so if a 2nd Transmitter is triggered before the 1st Transmitter finishes sending, they will "collide" / overlay one another and the RF Receiver will probably not understand any of it. 

Allow ~2-3 seconds between triggers and you'll have a better chance for success.
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 07:14:00 AM »

As both Brian H and TakeTheActive have stated if both transmit at the same time the signals will probably collide and it doesn't mater what house and unit code you have them set to. I use motion sensors throughout my house and property and when there is a lot of activity around the house things don't always works as expected. If you can locate them so that no two will see motion at the same time they should work fine. This is, off course, if you are the only one in the house. If, like me, you have a wife and at times grandchildren running around, all bets are off.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.