Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with setup!!!  (Read 2275 times)

Dayclone

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help with setup!!!
« on: August 16, 2006, 05:43:17 PM »

I bought Activehome Pro and a decorator dimmer switch (WS12A) now how do I hook it up to my wall so that I can turn on the lights manually and so that it can be controlled by my X10 controller. I believe I might of damaged the switch by tearing it apart literally because the instructions said to take off the rocker panel... I had no idea what that was so I took it apart and might be missing some parts to it? however I have electrical wires from my wall a black and a white those two wires are to connect to what on the switch? The red? black? or blue? please help me out and once that's connected in theory the light should turn on manually and remotely by the computer if the switch is fine and not damanged.

Steve

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Help with setup!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 06:32:20 PM »

You have a Black and a White on the old switch correct and NO others on the switch? That sounds like a switch loop.
If you are not using the companion WS13A for a three way connection. Put a wire nut on the Red traveler or tape it up as it is not used. Try the Black from the wall wiring to the Blue of the WS12A and the White of the wall wiring to the Black of the WS12A. If there was any other wire on the old switch DO not procede until telling us more.
Did you loose the little black and red house and unit code dials? If they are missing only M13 will be the address available

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.